Installation error in Zone Alarm 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilthomas26

In the zone
I have downloaded the trial version of both ZONE ALARM Internet security Suite and Zone Alarm Pro(version 6) from the official site.
But when I try to install i get am getting the error message:-

For Z A Internet Security:-

"C:\Docume~1\anil\LOCALS~1\Temp\vsutil.dll(WSEDbgPrint).The specified procedure could not be found"

"C:\Docume~1\anil\LOCALS~1\Temp\vsutil.dll(VSSetProtection).The specified procedure could not be found"

For Z A Pro :-

"Could not initialize installation.Could not extract Wise0132.dll to
'C:\DOCUME~1\anil\LOCALS~1\Temp\GLC20.tmp',CRC does not match"

Please help me...Thnx in advance

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
for zap ur installation files are corrupted, download it again..pref with another download manager

And for other one try running the installation after a fresh reboot without running cache cleaner softwares or antivirus...

anandk

Distinguished Member
after uninstalling/deleting the above full/partial installations;
i suggest run ccleaner first. download it fown www.ccleaner.com

then try a fresh installation of zonealarminternetsecuritysuite. it has firewall, antivirus, anti-spy, etc. so u dont need to again install zonealarm pro.

i too have just installed the ZA ISS v6. its nice but a little heavy on the resources.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
sidewinder said:
for zap ur installation files are corrupted, download it again..pref with another download manager
You are absolutely right. CRC error always indicates a corrupted file.

Gaurav

In the zone
Hey,
i too got the error but after installing the error was "validation failed for C:\programfiles\zonelalarm\zlclient" what the hell's that. reinstalling the software helps. but i want to know the reason for the error.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Gaurav said:
validation failed for C\programfiles\zonelalarm\zlclient
When does it happen? I think you were upgrading ZA/ZAP from v5 to v6. While upgrade you may face such problems. This happens due to installation script error. The installation script may face some difficulties to update the installation without changing your personal setting, i.e., without changing some registry values, some lines customized by you in some configuration files. Zone Lab also accepts this matter. They recommend clean install rather than upgrade for the most trouble free installation.

Gaurav

In the zone
hcp006sl said:
Gaurav said:
validation failed for C\programfiles\zonelalarm\zlclient
When does it happen? I think you were upgrading ZA/ZAP from v5 to v6. While upgrade you may face such problems. This happens due to installation script error. The installation script may face some difficulties to update the installation without changing your personal setting, i.e., without changing some registry values, some lines customized by you in some configuration files. Zone Lab also accepts this matter. They recommend clean install rather than upgrade for the most trouble free installation.

I got the error when desktop appears, and I did a clean install of ZA, but after reinstalling problem disappeared, but it keeps on coming once in a week or two. don no why. i think there are some bugs in the new ZA.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Gaurav said:
I got the error when desktop appears, and I did a clean install of ZA, but after reinstalling problem disappeared, but it keeps on coming once in a week or two. don no why. i think there are some bugs in the new ZA.
May be a bug. ZAP has made huge modification on their latest version. So, it may contain bugs. Some troubles are also being faced by me.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm.. me to got the error about the vsutil.dll file... i downloaded the ZAP 6 installetion file from their server.. i guess i have to download again...

One question...

hcp006sl said:
Zone Lab also accepts this matter. They recommend clean install rather than upgrade for the most trouble free installation.

can u post the source??

anandk

Distinguished Member
saurav_cheeta said:
One question...

hcp006sl said:
Zone Lab also accepts this matter. They recommend clean install rather than upgrade for the most trouble free installation.

can u post the source??

they state so during all their upgrades. though, i never fully uninstall and then clean install. i always upgrade. no probs.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
anandk said:
they state so during all their upgrades.

Exactly.

anandk said:
i never fully uninstall and then clean install. i always upgrade. no probs.

For clean install you need not to uninstall the installed ZAP. Just choose the option clean install, ZAP setup will remove the previous version from your system and will install the new version. You have to reapply all the settings customized by you. Because it will take default setting at that moment, all previous settings will be lost. But, it remembers the serial number; you need not to invoke it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom