Inheritance Trilogy no longer a trilogy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
For all Eragon fans (me incl.), here's the latest info about the Inheritance trilogy as well as the release date of the next installment.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As many of you have heard, I am writing the final chapters of Book Three, which will be published September 23, 2008. Earlier this year, I realized that I had too much story to fit into one volume and that a fourth novel was necessary to complete the adventures of Eragon and Saphira as I originally envisioned them. Therefore, what began as the Inheritance trilogy has become the Inheritance cycle. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know from your letters that you are curious about the name and cover design of Book Three. The decision to add a fourth book to the Inheritance cycle has affected many things, this included. I promise you’ll be the first to hear as soon as the title of Book Three is announced. And, like you, I am excited to see what the cover will look like![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My friends at Random House have some exciting pre-publication activities planned for 2008. You can anticipate that something new and interesting will be revealed each month, beginning in January.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I wish you a happy holiday season, and . . .[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May your swords stay sharp![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Christopher Paolini
[/FONT]

Source : Alagaesia Newsletter

prasad_den

Padawan
Good.... So two more to go..!! But still 9 more months to go for the next one... :( Damn..!! that's too long a wait..! :(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah it should have released like 1~ month near to the movie if he wished to cash in on the hype spike. People probably forgot it and moved on now. Fans are just a small part of purchasers.

prasad_den

Padawan
Quiz_Master said:
Hmm More wait... I really loved the novels.. (Never actually seen whole movie).
Movie is actually good... but hollywood directors never do justice to the classic novels, in their quest to finish the movie in 90 mins.. I'm strongly of the opinion that movies like eragon, LOTR and Harry Potter need to have been at least 2 to 2.5 hrs long.. :D

OP
xbonez

xbonez

i agree, it very rare that someone does justice to a buk. eragon and HP movies were definitely not a patch on the book. however, i actually found the LOTR movies better than the books...thats very rare but true. i've seen all three parts' extended edition. each movie is about 4.5 hrs

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
xbonez said:
i agree, it very rare that someone does justice to a buk. eragon and HP movies were definitely not a patch on the book. however, i actually found the LOTR movies better than the books...thats very rare but true. i've seen all three parts' extended edition. each movie is about 4.5 hrs

Did you see the movies back to back..??
I saw them and man it was an experience... :D

As for the trilogy..thats a bad news..thought that it would be finished off at last...:confused:

OP
xbonez

xbonez

no, couldn't see them back to back...that would have taken me more than half a day...i have however seen Matrix trilogy back to back and the Bourne trilogy back to back twice

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
Did anyone read the excerpt from the third book
Read it about a month ago....Saphira gets captured by the Ra'zac or something like that happens

OP
xbonez

xbonez

hmmm...gotta read eldest once again b4 reading the third book warna i won't njoy it as much...waise the third book is supposed to be called empire, but nothing's been confirmed

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Dude its not bad news, its good news. Another great book to read, and with such excellant stories, you just feel the story does not end, it goes on!!

Cant wait another year for it to be out!!

faraaz

Evil Genius
Although I don't read Eragon or know anything about the franchise, this seems to me a suspiciously similar chain of events to what Robert Jordan did..that guy milked his franchise so much and so slowly that he died before he could even FINISH the damn series...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom