InfoStealer virus on xvid.dll file

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijitraja

Broken In
Norton AV shows Infostealer virus on my machine on the file xvid.dll in the system32 directory on my win2000 machine. My virus engine is latest. How do i remove it. Searching for this virus gives a long list of viruses. any help on this please ?

I am not able to delete this file even in safe mode. The message it displays is that this file is used by windows.

Last edited:

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Spyware Doctor also showed up a Remote control app *.dll file in PowerDVD as a Spyware,today.Now im in a fix!!! :(

OP
A

arijitraja

Broken In
Please lemme know if u get a solution to this. Most of my work is on the net and hence i am afraid to switch the net since its a trojan which can leak information and passwords.

There are some Infostealer removal articles on the web but they are for specific versions of the virus/trojan. Infostealer.xxxxxxxxxx ...
now the thing is my Norton AV only shows infostealer infectioon and not the actual type. So i just can try all the possibilities of the virus. i have already seen around 12-15 variants.
Help me :(((

Last edited:

swatkat

Technomancer
Can you perform an online scan at Kaspersky? Go to Kaspersky Online Scanner and click the "Kaspersky Online Scanner" button. Save the log it gives after the scan and post back its contents.

ari_dumca

Right off the assembly line
now the system is not even loggin in ...
how do i start the online scan ???
the same problem as in thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32093&highlight=xvid

pls help..

anandk

Distinguished Member
*virusscan.jotti.org/
*www.virustotal.com/en/virustotalf.html
are two good on-line multi scan sites.

had i been in ur place i would have tried to use 'delete doctor' from www.diskcleaners.com to delete the sticky fellow.

and if norton is unable to delete ur virrii...maybe u need to look for some another good av solution !

OP
A

arijitraja

Broken In
Anand for applying your solution i need to log on to the net.
Its not logging into the system. Please go through the problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom