Info needed on Google Sites

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Building a Google Site under my google account. Wish to know whether I can get an emailid under that site name I am creating. Looks dumb, but can't figure that out.

sygeek

Technomancer
You need to get the basics clear. You don't make sites ON Google. Google just searches through it's database of web pages of the internet to look for results queried by the user. So when you create a new site, i.e., a domain, through a domain registrar, search engines like google/yahoo have a bot (called spider) to crawl your website which then gets included in it's database.

Although, yes, you can create domains through google (it probably uses a third party service for this). Here you go, *www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/new. It includes Google Apps services. You can select either of the two options, business/personal, depending on your preferences.

Also, you may want to keep an eye for the server you will be using to host this domain. It will hugely affect Google Apps services.

Last edited:
OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Thanks Sygeek. Know the first part but i am completely new to apps.
Thanks for the details. I have created a domain name there and i don't want a site as such but a single page which I have, but an email address under the same domain name. Again I thought it was a modern version of old "geocities" yahoo provided.

Top Bottom