Info about PS2???

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
It loads the boot disk like a normal game and the software or whatever is loaded in to the RAM (i think) of the PS2...sorta like a Linux live cd.

Then, you take that out and put in your video DVD and the videos load like normal...I think...

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Is anyone sure about this. Moreover, where do we get these boot disk for PS2. I am sure the boot disk that we run in our computers wont run in these...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You'll need to burn the DVD along with the software in a given format,a tutorial of which you can find over google.I suppose you better check on afterdawn forums or try techtree which I believe had posted this guide long back.Anyways here's the link to Techtree's guide *www.techtree.com/India/PS2_DivXXviD_Playing_Guide/551-57797-584-2.html

I suppose you'll need to burn this DVD & boot it in the PS2.After that's done just open the tray without restarting the PS2 & insert your Divx DVD after which the software which is already on the screen would try & decode your Divx files.I haven't personally tried it myself but you'll learn it easily from the tutorial.

Holy_fat_man

Broken In
Its simple.ive done it already.just get the independence complier for ps2.Then use launchelf,a program which has a file browser that can read from both memory card slots,the dvd drive,usb ports,IDE hard drive and host.it also has a ftp browser built in.it can launch other elf files like sms media player that plays mp3's and divx movies from usb hard drives,host or the IDE hard drive which isnt available for the slim.myps2(another ELF)has a jpeg viewer and shoutcast radio.and ps2IRC is a IRC client for the ps2.

Neat huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom