Infected by Win32:Passma [wrm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guy's,
Though Iam not in much trouble right now, I was hit by Win32 Passma [wrm] last week. I use avast! and it has deleted all corrupt EXE files and now my system is clean.
But the problem is that, the EXE files which were deleted were of some softwares, which now I can't use niether uninstall them as my system can't find there EXE's or Uninstall.EXE's. Know how should I be able to either reuse the softwares or atleast uninstall them all.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Option 1: Get a copy of the exe files from a friend and put them in the correct folders.

Option 2: Without uninstalling, reinstall the programs in the same location.

Arun

william

Journeyman
use some other softwares to uninstall or delete these softwares. one such software is sure delete.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yes , without uinstalling the software you can't reinstall it!! If you can't uninstall, then
you are in a fix. Rather than scratching your head on what to do, you can format the
drive in which you installed Windows and reinstall Windows again. And keep that as
your last resort.

anandk

Distinguished Member
you CAN install software in the same folders again, in most cases, without uninstalling them first. atleast the applications/anti-spys can ! anti-virus-no !
so that shu be ur first try. install them !

if that fails, go into safe mode and delete the program folders. reboot.
then run any good registry cleaner (try www.ccleaner.com).
then reinstal the deleted programs in the same locations.
It shud work !

OP
D

darshanwadikar

Broken In
Thanks Guys,
Many of the softwares are working properly after reinstalling them to the same folder, But some like Pinnacle PCTV Stereo ain't working, Can I delete just the folder of that software, but how to take them out of the registry and other locations such as Add Remove program Etc??????

sakumar79

Technomancer
Use a registry cleaner software such as Crap Cleaner (CCleaner) or System Mechanic Pro to clear registry of invalid entries. I use jv16 Power Tools (last free version) and there, you can select registry entries of items in Startup menu,etc and delete them, and also do check for invalid registry entries, etc...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom