India's wins second medal at the Olympics : Wrestler Sushil Kumar does India proud

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Re: India's wins second medal at the Olympics : Wrestler Sushil Kumar does India prou

now don't start this state crap here.. please

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Re: India's wins second medal at the Olympics : Wrestler Sushil Kumar does India prou

Sahi hai chorre. Haryanvi chayye huye hain :D
Nice to see these boxers from Bhiwani fairing out good....:)

But we still can't say that Indians chhaye huye hain....:( I would love to see when a person from other country says, "Indians are ruling........." That will make each & every citizen of our country proud.

We still need to work very very hard....Smaller countries with less human & capital resources are even better than us. Our government still needs to do a lot......

Well, how was that crap? I couldn't get you....He wasn't posting that message in any wrong spirit/meaning.

narangz

Web developer

Why not? I am not a Haryanvi but the credit goes to Bhalwans of Haryana. Good going. Seems like Punjabi Bhalwans have disappeared into thin air.

narangz

Web developer

At the online pharmacy your health is our speciality. Our pharmacy is dedicated to providing you, the customer, with outstanding service and value.

Spam reported :x

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm

thu :mad: atleast dont mess up this thread... ban the user :mad:

kumarmohit

Technomancer

Superb news, so we come back with three medals for a change. Good, very encouraging for our players in the Commonwealth 2010 coz that is where Indians have to work wonders.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta

Vijender entered the Semi Finals of 75kg Boxing.....We're now atleast assured of a Bronze.....

Awesome news :)
Best of luck to Vijender Kumar And Congo to Sushil Kumar

On a sarcastic note:
I'm really happy that we FINALLY a gold and for the first time in over 50 years 2 medals at the Olympics.
But, its really sad that a country with over a billion people (most of whom are talented), a country with a booming economy (leave out the inflation n stuff out for now) and a prospective super power could muster up just two medals in the Olympics :(

Why cant we expect more? Unless we expect things to happen we cant work towards achieving it. eg. Cricket is a religion in India only because of the peoples expectations on those 11 players. They EXPECT them to perform and the players do comply "most" of the time. So arent our athletes able enough to win so that we can expect anything from them? Please remember, expectations more often than not gather valuable support.

So again, hearty congrats to the winners but I hope this does bring about a change in the attitude of other sports in India

apoorva84

In the zone

a gold and a bronze...thank god for small mercies...

Hrithan2020

In the zone

But, its really sad that a country with over a billion people (most of whom are talented), a country with a booming economy (leave out the inflation n stuff out for now) and a prospective super power could muster up just two medals in the Olympics :(

Why cant we expect more? Unless we expect things to happen we cant work towards achieving it. eg. Cricket is a religion in India only because of the peoples expectations on those 11 players. They EXPECT them to perform and the players do comply "most" of the time. So arent our athletes able enough to win so that we can expect anything from them? Please remember, expectations more often than not gather valuable support.

Cricket is a religion in India not bcoz of expectation.In fact, it is the other way around.( Lots of expectations, since similar to religion)
Be thankful that India was able to win at least 2 medal(3 now) this yr, when at one point of time it seemed unlikely that it would muster even one. Its not the expectations of the ppl, which counts it is the support.(hope u get the difference).With ppl's support/interest, more money gets into the sport meaning more monetary compensation for sportsmen,more infrastructural facilities.(considering that sm of our sportsmen/women can't dedicate all of their time to their sport as they don't get much compensation)

Besides, in India, many of the promising youngsters start to conc. more on studies once they reach 9th-12th and smtimes leave the sport altogether as being a sportsman is not considered to be "safe" in India. So unless the whole Indian mindset changes, i don't see much change happening as far as medal tally goes.(Its bound to improve, but doubt if India can reach top 10 within a couple of decades)

Last edited:

subratabera

Just another linux lover.

I must say that, this is the first time I saw games other than cricket are getting valuable air-time of news channels. Hope to see this trend continue in future. We must salute them for their achievements. Now please win another gold so that we can continue our celebrations. Best of luck.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

Hrithan2020 said:
Besides, in India, many of the promising youngsters start to conc. more on studies once they reach 9th-12th and smtimes leave the sport altogether as being a sportsman is not considered to be "safe" in India. So unless the whole Indian mindset changes, i don't see much change happening as far as medal tally.(Its bound to improve, but doubt if India can reach top 10 by 2020 or even 202

Well said. I mean India has such a huge population. I'd doubt it if anyone said India doesnt have any good athletes. I dunno where they all go away when time of selection comes? :p

But yea; the youngsters are becoming overtly conscious about studies...
Common people; kick the books away; go for the gold!! :D

dd_wingrider

In the zone

Very nice news, and we inline for second gold in boxing :-D

Kulz

Save the WORLD !!!

That's a great news for every Indian.... Lets for the 3rd Medal in boxing.. Cheers...

Chintu08

Banned

Go win in Beijing 2008 and make India proud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom