India's first home made forum software - AEF

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmeraj

Right off the assembly line
AEF - Advanced Electron Forums. Link:
*www.anelectron.com
It is written in PHP and MySQL

Well I think that this software as far as I recollect is India's first home made forum/Bulletin Board software. This software is OK as compared to the other giants like IPB, vBB , SMF. However it is better than phpBB. But for a month old software it is pretty decent and its prospects are beginning to show up.

The first version was not that great but recently they made the new version 1.0.2 and they have included some pretty good features like a shoutbox, news system (with news articles - this is not featured by many others listed above), threaded mode , suggest framework, dom drag stuff(I have seen this thing for the first time on any forum software), etc. I particularly like the DOM Drag they introduced, its something new and novel. Well also it is very fast.

Coming to the looks I just Love the EYE Candy these guys have put up in the theme. Its so much better than that of the boring SMF and PHPBB looks. AEF has used some good amount of designing and it is a good reason for trying it out.

Well I think this software is good altogether and is worth a try. Have you guys tried it out.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The only good eye candy you might be referring to is a Windows Media Player 11 Play button being used as the status indicator!

It looks good however, hope it gets stronger over the years. Am just lazy now, and didn't browse the features much.

OP
I

itsmeraj

Well i will agree to that. These guy do try to copy microsoft.

I said that because I used SMF previously and PHPBB and its much more better that them in looks. Thats my personal opinion.
Also these guys do use a lot of JavaScript.

If you do get some time do try out the Quick Reply feature, or the Dom Drag, the UserCP(especially avatar section) and so on. U will definitely like the DOM windows and their Mac Style fading effect.

OP
I

itsmeraj

I had a word with the Admin Pulkit there.
He said for the mods they have already made the required DB changes in the current version. They call it Apps and have a seperate registry the way windows maintains.
Also one great thing in the next version he said would be a rich text editor(boy other forums are going to have a blow).

This is so awesome.
I'd like it even better when the new version wil be out.

Common guys we need to give these AEF guys full support.
Its MADE IN INDIA.

OP
I

itsmeraj

I didnt find it in July's Digit Edition.
Which page have they written it on ?
Please let me know

OP
I

itsmeraj

Thanks you guys.
I read about this in Digit.
I would like to thank the persons for printing this review I wrote.
Digit Rocks - They have printed my review u see.

OP
I

itsmeraj

Well since I posted about this thing and now I feel that AEF is the best forum software after the release of 1.0.3.
Their new release has you wont believe it a WYSIWYG, a MAC Style DOCK and all the more great looks. I think that Digit should actually Review AEF and write about it. Its the best Forum software India has given.
This was an email send by the Admins to its members at AEF 1.0.3 launch:

Electron Inc is proud to announce the release of AEF 1.0.3.
Announcement Link:
*www.anelectron.com/board/index.php?tid=307

This version of AEF is a themers edition. The following is a list of some of the new features added:

- Theme Registry
This System has been implemented.
Its now very easy to install themes and also remove them. Also a theme can have dynamic features with the help of AEF's Theme Registry System

- JS Simplified
JavaScript has been simplified and we have seperated them in different files to make the AEF Forums work much faster and efficiently.

- JS Dock
A Mac style Dock for easy navigation.(A first from AEF)
You will just love this Dock. (See it at the bottom - Logged In users)

- WYSIWYG Editors
You read it right. AEF now has WYSIWYG Text Editor.
WYSIWYG means What You See Is What You Get. It enables
to write the text with Rich Text formatting.

- Search Engine Optimization for caching by Bots.

If you are upgrading from previous versions of AEF please download AEF 1.0.3 Upgrade Package from the Download Section .
Upgrade Instructions are present in the AEF(1.0.3) Upgrade.

Some features that were left as a provision for future releases have been added.
A lot of Bugs have also been fixed. (Listed below)

We hope you enjoy AEF 1.0.3.
Have Fun!!

Regards,
AEF Team

Download AEF 1.0.3

Features left for future versions (in earlier versions) that were implemented in 1.0.3:

Pop-Up Smiley Box - Smileys that dont appear in the Post form will be shown in a AEF DOM Window when clicked on '......' accompanying other Smileys.
Theme Uninstallation - Themes can now be uninstalled which was missing in earlier releases.
Fixed Shout Box - AEF now has a feature to fix the shoutbox. Otherwise it will use AEF DOM Windows.

Hope you guys like it and spread the word.
We need to give it support.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its really good ... looks nice ... but the default theme can be improved a lot .. the admin panel etc look good ... but resemble phpbb2 a lot - not good .... change that

OP
I

itsmeraj

I would have changed that if it were my script.
I am just a user and a fan of AEF.
Nothing more.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
why all indian forums/websites are full of advertisements?
and btw there's also this forum thats home made-www.flstudioforum.com although not vb'd.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ indian forum means the forum scipt is home made ... urs isnt an indian forum per say it belongs to an indian ... ur forum script is developed by smf ;)

please dont spam and advertise ur forum here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom