India's F1 dream now on fast track

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanks_098

world is evil
CONGRATULATIONS JAYPEE

India's dream of hosting a Formula 1 Grand Prix in 2010 took further shape.
The Delhi based JPSK Sports Private Ltd, a subsidiary of Jaiprakash Associates Limited has struck a Rs 1500 Cr contract with F1 boss Mr. Bernie Eccelstone to develop the site and host the grand event for ten years at Greater NOIDA.

The track expected to be a 3.1-mile track on a 700-acre site will be built on the company's 3700 acres of land.The site will be near the proposed Greater Noida airport,which is 50 Km to the east of the capital.

Bernie Eccelstone said:
India has always been known for its love of cricket, but F1 has been growing hugely in popularity in recent years as the viewing figures would suggest. Now with Vijay Mallya’s team, Force India, and the news that Karun Chandhok could soon be driving in F1, the announcement of the future Grand Prix in India will spark an explosion of further interest to rival that of the traditional sport.

Famous track architect,Hermann Tilke who is believed to design the track has visited the sites and submitted the report to Eccelstone.

Now the reason why i am happy .well my college is also owned by JP group,so that gives me a reason to rejoice.
And here is an appeal from me on behalf of all all the students studying in JIITU, JUIT & JIET that we are given free passes to the opening race.lol
Way to go.
Another thing that makes this exciting that Jp beat contenders like Vijay Mallya in this super bid.
SOURCE

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ give link before complaining :p :D .. j.k
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73284

OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
Hmm...sorry.
BTW it will be hosted in Greater NOIDA and not in Delhi,there the topic is not correct.
anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom