India's Airtel claims "deadliest hackers" still can't crack its iPhone 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Hey, hackers! Now that we've got the attention of millions upon millions of incredibly talented individuals, here's your next challenge. India's Airtel -- which is offering Apple's iPhone 3G at a near-stratospheric price -- has claimed that "even the most deadly hackers on the planet won't be able to crack the codes that support the iPhone's Airtel applications with rival company SIMs." Just so you know, it appears that Airtel worked with Apple to develop "operator-specific iPhone applications," which is an interesting tidbit in and of itself. But let's focus on the task at hand here, and that's proving that making ridiculous claims about impenetrability always comes back to bite ya.

Source : Engadget : *www.engadget.com/2008/08/23/indias-airtel-claims-deadliest-hackers-still-cant-crack-its/

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I'm Sure that HACKERS will find a way to crack the iPhone.
Anyways its Good News that something is reducing Piracy.

Why are they encouraging these hackers? (Protsaahan Kyon De Rahe Hain?)
Remember when Apple said that the iPhone is completely locked to AT&T, an 17 year old cracked it in a few weeks and then dozens of cracked iphones flooded the markets. (including India)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
part of my brain wants to believe this .. and part .. wants laugh at it.

maybe airtel wants to provoke the dormant indian h@cK3Rs..... good for others... bad for airtel...

i have heard similar announcement from CITIBANK ( not the one from india ) that thier system are very though to hack,, and they also challenged hackers to break thier system....

lets see....

one thing though is .. airtel may have said this in mind that there arent good/ well known hackers in india.. if its america or somewhere else they wouldnt have said...

lets wait and see....

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Hahaha .. Real good .. Whn will these guys learn . in other third world countries Guatemala , Brazil etc .(many phones are given free in specially Guate with ridiculously high plans ). In US the operators subtract the amount from credit cards whn u try to rip off the operators . That's why the prices are so high in India .

May be its a devious plan of Steve Jobs to sell the phone in India. Coz no one wud buy it anyway .

Oh and BTW the shiny thingy most mortals call iphone is the most phoney thing ever .
A lady in US filed a suit against Apple 3G phone already . Apple claimed that the phone is twice as fast for "HALF THE PRICE" . .

paroh

Padawan
I think people need to call hackers from mars with the help of nasa to hack the costly iphone on the earth lol

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Indirectly they are saying that India doesn't have "deadliest hackers"... till they find it hacked one day..

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Indian hacker tops the world's largest money related cyber-crime
Source

and rahi baat no-one can hack.. these hackers, hacked the Macintosh OS and gave the world something called, test-drive Macintosh :D

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
n00bs. wt about the phones available in us unlocked via sim unlocks and that samsung mt box unlock?airtel's just another trick to sell more phones

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Rather, it would reduce the sales. People in India are not used to locked phones.

BTW, nothing is uncrackable. I hope they understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom