Indian vs International Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
For me International artists score hands down but i must admit we have good singers but bad albums or songs.

everything from lyrics,sound,variety(genres),reality is way offline of the international ones

best eg. Ashaji's new album

cynosure

UbuntuUser
@ratedsuperstar: Just listen to the older songs and you will know that in those times, India gave out best songs. Its just today that every other guy/gal makes his or her own album and hence the quality is all screwed up. I am not saying that all of today's songs are bad but most of them are. They are nothing when compared to the oldies. Oldies are forever, new songs can only rule for a month or two.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
cynosure said:
@ratedsuperstar: Just listen to the older songs and you will know that in those times, India gave out best songs. Its just today that every other guy/gal makes his or her own album and hence the quality is all screwed up. I am not saying that all of today's songs are bad but most of them are. They are nothing when compared to the oldies. Oldies are forever, new songs can only rule for a month or two.

It's the time and approach that is making the difference. Here, only Music Directors like Rahman and Devi Sree Prasad {telugu} take their own time in giving music and they produce stunning results. MD's like Pritam, HM take too many offers, get too less time and as a result, they do copy and paste.

It's the same with artists in US. They take as much time they can to produce an album and hence they provide great music.

It will be really good if MD's in India provide tunes based on lyrics rather than Lyricist providing lyrics based on tunes.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Most of Indians today are trying to copy west and getting screwed. As already said, in older times we used to have amazing songs like Nile Nile Ambar Pe(All time fav).
Now every wants to become a rapper or another Britney.Thats the problem.Most of them are fake, concentrate more on videos than songs. While in older times we used to listen pure music.

Western music today,in my opinion, isn't very good compared to yesterdays. Hardly any band or Artist is as influencial as The Beatles or Doors or Aerosmith or Nirvana....But Still International music wins hands down....still they produce good songs

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Music is universal, both indian & western rock

(Except a few genres)

Those who make remix of indian songs sux big time. They screwed the perfectly good song from DDLJ "Tujhe dekha..."

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Oldies are forever, new songs can only rule for a month or two.

Ekdum 100 % correct..yesterday I was listening on my Sony Xplod "bequarar karke humein yun na jayein (Hemant Kumar)" and it sounds so fresh

actually music has no time barrier no language....

I love German rock (Rammstein) , listen to Jagjit Singh, Ghulam Ali, Mehndi Hassan . Also listen to English and HIndi new songs like that of HImesh etc..
jo dil ko accha lage wahi mast hai.....

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Music is too subjective, to be categorized especially as an antagonist between opposite choices.
Be it Indian or international it totally depends on person to person.For some Indian music is too slow or for some Western is too loud.
But pertaining to the term music, its universal.If its good it will sooth the same eveywhere.
Most of us are already caught into the oldies,the jazz,Rock and pops,the latest chart busters.
Somewhere i think , it just may be Indians have an edge.
Just see the choices spewed before us Indians. We get to choose almost everything.We dance on International and we rock on Indians top charts.We never had so many choices.But i am a bit saddened by one new aspect of songs Composing.
The New Music Directors create songs in a way of steps and cuts.
The part where singer fits the voice is cut and used.Though this helps in saving the time as the singer dont have to sing the complete song inone go, hence he can do with minimum practice.
But what this has done is its taken the melodic effect out of the songs to an extent.Songs now depends too much on effects and Tracks.
This is the reason Old Songs are forever ,just like what it should be with good Music.It forever!

faraaz

Evil Genius
A mix of both...depends on my mood.

Quality wise?? I think some Indian/Pakistani bands like Parikrama, Jal, Junoon, Aatif/Aslam etc are of MUCH better quality than the crap that gets shoveled out by the likes of Avril Lavigne, Hillary Duff and all the other 2-bit "international" stars.

However, I would also prefer to listen to Avril Lavigne and Hillary Duff till the end of my days before listening to another Himesh Reshammiya song.

So yeah...its subjective!

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I think ever since Himesh started singing.Our music industry has gone down.And bad news is there are 16 upcoming movies with Himesh's compostions.:mad: grrrr

faraaz

Evil Genius
The trouble with Indian music and the reason it is considered low grade compared to international music is that when something clicks, EVERYONE jumps on the me-too bandwagon.

You don't see A.R Rehman doing this kind of recycled nonsense, and every movie of his has AWESOME songs...

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
faraaz said:
The trouble with Indian music and the reason it is considered low grade compared to international music is that when something clicks, EVERYONE jumps on the me-too bandwagon.

You don't see A.R Rehman doing this kind of recycled nonsense, and every movie of his has AWESOME songs...
I agree. ;)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
faraaz said:
Totally agree with you. And this makes him great.

OP
R

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
I agree that oldies were definitely best but my point is that today we make many crap songs as no.1 but this rate is definitely high over here .

for eg.maula mere should have been the top song till now but we see some idiotic crap like shakalaka boom boom on the top too.that sux

also i disagree that jal and other pakistani bands have better music c'mon although they are not into pop but have you seen any good track of them with gr8 drumming or the song become hit due to the guitarist.our only focus is on the singing and some aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! for 10 sec.

i personally would listen to zero or pentagram rather then them.

rock music is all abt co-ordination btw the vocalist(not the singer),guitarist or bassist,drummer.

same applies to our hip-hop and never ending love songs.

i hate hillary duff but u can't deny avril lavigne check out when you're gone from her latest album.you only need one gr8 song in an album to keep your legacy.

besides i don't think there is any match for john mayer's music in india.

we need more singer/songwriter/composers in india and more individual albums to expand their creativity.

if you still don't agree check out inxs's afterglow the new indian version and see what just good singing but not good lyrics do to a song

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
TODAY'S GENERATION SEEMS TO SEE THE MUSIC RATHER THAN LISTEN IT. N thats the reason for all there crap music. JUST PUT A NAKED GIRL IN THE VIDEO N THE SONG WILL BECOME A BIG HIT. where are u headin.

arcticflare

Journeyman
Music transcesnds boundaries. Indian music is great in its own ways. Indian music and western music are different in their own ways. Instead of Indian versus International why not Indian+International.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom