Indian Railways will run Bullet Train, says Lalu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Fresh from a ride on Japan's famed bullet train, Railway Minister Lalu Prasad today said his ministry was in the process of appointing global consultants for introducing the high-speed trains on certain routes.

"The day is not far off when the bullet train will run in the country," Prasad told reporters here. "We are in the process of appointing global consultants for introducing bullet train on certain routes," he said.

About the possible routes for running such trains, he said "we are examining the possibilities of running it on some routes including Mumbai-Ahemdabad, Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Patna".

During his visit to Japan last week, Prasad had got a first hand experience of the fast trains travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto at a speed of about 300 km per hour.

Asked about his bullet train experience, he said "It was very good. The bullet trains are well managed in Japan."

Meanwhile, the Railways have invited global tenders for conducting pre-feasibility study of high-speed train corridor on the Delhi-Chandigarh-Amritsar route.

The study will focus on technicalities, financial and operational viability of the project, said a senior Railway Ministry official.

Besides the Delhi-Amritsar route, the Railways have decided to conduct pre-feasibility studies for four more high-speed passenger routes.

The routes are Pune-Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Hyderabad- Dornakal-Vijaywada-Chennai, Chennai-Bangalore-Coimbatore- Ernakulum and Howrah-Haldia.

Source

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Bhaiya tanik surkasha vyavastha abhedhya kar diyo, nahi toh bullet train bhi cheenti ke chaal se chalaani padegi :p

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Its better to get the basic things right before taking the next step.
Sure i had love to see that bullet train but a late bullet train by 2 hrs as a daily routine....???
And whatever they did to the ac three tier .
3 Seats now in the side sitting compartment.
Huh ?

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
If bullet trains come then they will have to change the whole track system, which will take about more 1 or 2 yrs or perhaps more. Long way to go.

utsav

damn busy...
Arey dudes . It will take 5 to 10yrs to get implemented. My dad is in railways and he does many works with the railway board itself so i get much accurate info regarding evry current affairs in railways. It will take lotsa time to lay the tracks 4 bullet trains as the tracks cannot b curved like serpents :p . Tracks need to b guarded frm both sides warna lalooji ki gaye aa jayegi :D and a huge number of bridges n flyover will hav to b made. So laying 500kms of track will take 8yrs atleast. :rolleyes: so bullet train is coming no sooner than 2020

Its better to get the basic things right before taking the next step.
Sure i had love to see that bullet train but a late bullet train by 2 hrs as a daily routine....???
And whatever they did to the ac three tier .
3 Seats now in the side sitting compartment.
Huh ?

3 seats in the side is total mess. Even whn it was two the upper berth was so cramped that people smash their head several times to the roof . I wonder what happens now. ac 2 tier is fine and not so crowdy like 3 tier coaches thats y i never travel in ac 3 tier .

Last edited:

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Atleast people won't sit above the train like the local train. I don't think anyone wants to travel sitting above the train when its traveling @ 300 km/hr lol. :D

OP
Ecko

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
^^^ Lollest BTW I expect that various management colleges have some effect on Lallu Ji
& he give a "haari Jhandi" to this project
I always wanted something like that when comared to China :p

red_devil

Back!
bullet trains from Delhi to Patna ?? LOL !! thats a very long shot !! distance from Delhi to patna is very high and that apart, even if Lalu approves the project overnight, the new railway minister [if UPA is not back] will be too keen to chug the bullet train to his state rather than Patna !!

and whatever be the case, bullet train will run in India only when they are out dated in most other countries :lol:

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Wow!So early?I thought they would wait for 10 years more and than they would have announced it.Anyways,I dont see the need to connect patna-delhi because the fare would like AC first or may be more and I dont think anyone would be much interested in wasting money..First laloo,should try to make the condition of the current trains ok..Lol.,some stations are very dirty and you cant even dare to stand near the tracks else you gonna die of smell..So whats use until the current situation is not made alright?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Actually, its time we had those things. And will take a decade more for the trains to actually ply at 300kmph. So forget about it for now, until then its gonna be bull-let trains :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom