Indian-born Satya Nadella might be Microsoft's new CEO

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Microsoft is looking forward to a major overhaul in the company especially when it is turning its focus from software to hardware and internet-based services.

Nadella, who is currently Microsoft's enterprise and cloud chief, is likely to replace Steve Ballmer who had already declared that he would quit in August 2014 after heading Microsoft for 10 years. Some reports even suggest that Ballmer would quit right away once the board has chosen a new CEO. Even though the sources of these reports have said that the board hasn't chosen the new CEO yet but Nadella emerged to be the strongest candidate for the post.Microsoft, according to latest reports, is about to have a new CEO. The company's board is believed to be quite optimistic about naming Indian-born Satya Nadella as its next CEO. The board will likely choose a new Chairman as well replacing Bill Gates.

As far as deciding on a new chairman, Bill Gates will likely be replaced by Microsoft's lead independent director John Thompson. But sources suggest that even if Gates steps down, he will be more involved in the company in areas like product development.If Nadella is chosen as the new CEO of the company, he will become the third CEO of Microsoft which has only had two CEO's in history so far namely Gates and Ballmer.Satya Nadella has been working in Microsoft for over 20 years and has lead cloud services, server software, Internet search and business applications divisions of Microsoft. As president of Microsoft’s server business, Nadella boosted revenue to $20.3 billion in the fiscal year through June, up from $16.6 billion when he took over in 2011.Professor at MIT's Sloan School of Management, Michael Cusumano says that Nadella is a good choice due to his close ties and strong reputation within Microsoft's huge engineering corps. He adds, "Microsoft is a contentious enough place that you wouldn’t want to bring in someone who lacked credibility with the engineers."Before joining Microsoft, Nadella studied Electrical Engineering in India and then moved to United States to study computer science. He has also worked with Sun Microsystems till 1992.

Indian-born Satya Nadella might be Microsoft's new CEO Software | Softwares | ThinkDigit News

India-born Satya Nadella may succeed Microsoft CEO - Moneycontrol.com

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Great news, but no big deal.

I don't know why everyone goes gaga over someone of Indian origin gets a prominent status abroad when those people actually don't really care much about India?

ash63425

Broken In
I agree. Just a tag of being born in India doesn't matter much. These people would not even think them as Indian.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
I don't know how can someone feel good when someone mentions a person as Indian origin, when that person is a foreign citizen and doing nothing for India?????

on the otherhand foreigners like Bill Gates is trying to make India a better place with his foundation.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
I don't know how can someone feel good when someone mentions a person as Indian origin, when that person is a foreign citizen and doing nothing for India?????

on the otherhand foreigners like Bill Gates is trying to make India a better place with his foundation.

Billu G has done more for India than all Indian billionaires put together.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Another moment for Indian pride :lol:

Wait until Indian born cures the death.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
NRI NRI Behen behen :p lol..

on a serious note.. I would give much more credit to guys like satya nadela,sunder pichai,rajiv suri and Indra Nooyi
than say sunita williams

What's wrong with Sunita Williams?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
What's wrong with Sunita Williams?
there is nothing wrong with her but it is often portrayed by media as an indian , and being shown as if its national pride for india

Sunita williams is a complete American, there is nothing Indian about her .. .. Indian media should not take credit from her..

whereas these guys are true indians they studied,stayed and lived here and then went on to achieve great heights..

ashs1

Padawan
SATYA NADELLA is Officially the CEO of Microsoft now.

It's official: Microsoft’s CEO search is over. Following recent reports, the software giant is appointing Satya Nadella as its new CEO to replace Steve Ballmer. 46-year-old Nadella will take over immediately, allowing Ballmer to retire early. Nadella had been part of a number of candidates that Microsoft was believed to have interviewed for the role, with the company originally pushing to name its Ballmer successor before the end of last year. Despite the search extending into 2014, the timing of the CEO announcement is important as it places Nadella in charge ahead of the closure of Microsoft’s Nokia deal and its ongoing reorganization.

"Today is a very humbling day for me," says Nadella in an internal memo to Microsoft employees. "It is an incredible honor for me to lead and serve this great company of ours." In the broad letter, Nadella outlines why he’s at Microsoft, and his 22 year history at the company. "While we have seen great success, we are hungry to do more," he notes. "This is a critical time for the industry and for Microsoft. Make no mistake, we are headed for greater places — as technology evolves and we evolve with and ahead of it. Our job is to ensure that Microsoft thrives in a mobile and cloud-first world."

While Nadella takes over as CEO, co-founder Bill Gates is stepping down as chairman today and his new official title is founder and technology advisor. "I'm thrilled that Satya has asked me to step up, substantially increasing my time at the company," says Gates in a video commenting on Nadella. "I'll have over a third of my time available to meet with product groups and it'll be fun to define this next round of products working together." In a similar video, former CEO Steve Ballmer also congratulates Nadella on his new role. "I have absolutely no doubt Microsoft is in good hands, with Satya and the rest of the senior leadership team that is in place," says Ballmer. "We have so many strong leaders… the future of Microsoft is incredibly bright."

Nadella is a Microsoft veteran, having joined the company over 20 years ago. Born in India in 1969, Nadella studied Electrical Engineering at the Mangalore University before moving to the US to study computer science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He originally worked at Microsoft rival Sun Microsystems before heading to Redmond to work on research for Microsoft’s online services division. He has held a number of roles inside Microsoft, working in the company’s business division on Office, and even has some experience building the Bing search engine. Most importantly, he has been instrumental in transforming Microsoft’s cloud business while previously leading its Server and Tools business.

Source : Microsoft's new CEO is Satya Nadella | The Verge

Top Bottom