India to become electricity surplus within five years

Status
Not open for further replies.

unni

In the zone
Energy-hungry India, which currently faces huge power deficit, will become an electricity surplus country in next four-five years, Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told Rajya Sabha on Monday. "Currently, we have a 70,000 MW deficit," he said replying to supplementaries during Question Hour. He said the massive capacity addition programme including introduction of ultra mega power projects with single generation unit of 4000 MW had been launched.

The Power Ministry will move Cabinet soon for changing the hydro-electric policy to tap 150,000 MW of potential in the North-East. Besides, private sector is being encouraged to set up captive generating capacities, he said. With all these measures "I am confident that in next 4-5 years, the country will be surplus in power," Shinde said. He, however, said in view of the past experience of failed US energy major Enron Corporation, the government was taking all precautions while welcoming the private sector into power generation.India, he said, welcomed Russian and Chinese firms in power generation.

Source

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Nice joke,they have been saying this since I cant remember.Still most of the north goes through 3-4(in urban areas)hrs. of load shedding in all seasons.

Pathik

Google Bot
its election time crap...
maybe some elections must be coming... so the politicians started barking...

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
Here in Kerala, atleast where I am living (a small town), power outages aren't that common. Even if it goes, supply is restored within 1 or 2 minutes usually. Waiting for summer for load shedding to start. :D

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
That's the crappiest news I've heard from politicians mouth. In Bangalore, we are facing severe power shortage and our great CM is thinking of buying power from Maharashtra and Assam :p

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
In my place [in Kerala] its been some 3 ~5 years that load sheding has been stopped. The power failures now are only due to some repairs/or breakdown only.

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
aravind_n20 said:
In my place [in Kerala] its been some 3 ~5 years that load sheding has been stopped. The power failures now are only due to some repairs/or breakdown only.
Yeah. Kerala rules. May be, we can lent you some power:D.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
In a suburb near Mumbai where I live, It is a norm rather than an exception that power is cut at least for 8 hours. We see everyday that indians are buying companies for 1,00,000 crores, Tata has bought one Co for Rs.35,000 crores, we are spawning new millionaires like us or japan, but in rural india or even for that matter in urban areas, the living standards are abysmally low. What is the use of economic development if it is like this?

techbliss

Right off the assembly line
If things are taken seriously by politicians then the news can become a reality. It's possible if corruption is effectively dealt with.

rajasekharan

Youngling
i am in chittur, palakkad(Kerala) .... temp is too too hot, well i hope they wont say ,"ok, load shedding to start"......

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Fully faltooooo :mad: they told those words..... in WB some minister told press some years ago that we have excess electric :p now here we facing minimum 2 hours load-shedding, those words were a big joke....

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

unni said:
Yeah. Kerala rules. May be, we can lent you some power:D.

Yea. Iam coming there after i finish studying in blr.

Also about the power cuts. The government of karnataka said they will be no more power cuts but it went now that we have exams the government said the same thing and yet we have 4 to h hrs of power cut. Also why five years. India is already having huge shortage of electricty.

yogi_7272

Broken In
phreak0utt said:
That's the crappiest news I've heard from politicians mouth. In Bangalore, we are facing severe power shortage and our great CM is thinking of buying power from Maharashtra and Assam :p

buying power from maharashtra ..:D nice joke ..

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Yesterday in india-SL match, WB take electric from J&K, this is first time they take electric from them..... here yesterday WB facing 500MW shortage....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom