India overtakes USA as Nokia's second largest market!

Status
Not open for further replies.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i still prefer sony bcuz of its cheaper and beettter factor im getting either k810i or iphone this year 1 thing i dont like nokia is u cant get a really good set for 16k

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
yup, there are gud nokia phones only above 25k.
The only gud one to say below 25k is N73.
But its not the case with SE.

The only downside of SE is their small screens. They're makin it small to reduce size nd weight.

I hate nokia phones.. the name of the phone itself makes my skin crawl, not becuase it's bad but because of the way that people blindly go behind these phones. The marketing hype that nokia makes actually makes a very large portion of the Indian population blind! yes, after seeing this constantly bombarding ads on ever 2nd commercial break, it automatically is installed into your mind that Nokia is the best. Hence, lot of buyers just go for Nokia without even comparing the feauters with other phones.

The only phones that I have seen from Nokia's end that are worth a buy without an intensive compare is the N series but not to forget that it has been plagued by it's own issues.

However, the point that I'm trying to make is that there are lot of other brands out there in the market that offer better performance and features for the price of crappier Nokia phones. It's absolutely dumb to say that Nokia is the best however saying that more nokia phones are sold is right but that doesn't make it the best.

For buyers, my only advice is compare, compare and compare before you buy a phone. No matter which brand or model, compare your phones with all the phones available in the same category before you make your purchase! Especially nowaday there are a million sites to compare them online. One of the sites is www.compareindia.com

I am not saying that Nokia is a $hi!y phone or anything but to say that nokia is the best is only foolish or fanboyism :D

praka123

left this forum longback
but already aam janta thinks Cellphone=nokia :rolleyes: perhaps the ads by SE,Motorola etc shud go a little Desi style :D (understandable) remember how nokia tv ads with a sardar+truck and model 1100 took off!

OP
K

krazyfrog

Help~Is~Here said:
I hate nokia phones.. the name of the phone itself makes my skin crawl, not becuase it's bad but because of the way that people blindly go behind these phones. The marketing hype that nokia makes actually makes a very large portion of the Indian population blind! yes, after seeing this constantly bombarding ads on ever 2nd commercial break, it automatically is installed into your mind that Nokia is the best. Hence, lot of buyers just go for Nokia without even comparing the features with other phones.
You're blaming that on Nokia? You're saying Nokia is bad just because it knows how to sell its stuff? Its called marketing dude. Are you suggesting they stop advertising altogether. Maybe then people will start comparing phones. If a person does not prefer to research before spending his money, its his fault, not the company's. You can't expect nokia to not advertise their phones.

krazyfrog said:
You're blaming that on Nokia? You're saying Nokia is bad just because it knows how to sell its stuff? Its called marketing dude. Are you suggesting they stop advertising altogether. Maybe then people will start comparing phones. If a person does not prefer to research before spending his money, its his fault, not the company's. You can't expect nokia to not advertise their phones.

Dude, first of all, why are you taking it so personally? lol... :D :D

Secondly... did I blame Nokia??????????

Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote, in that case, I'll mention the jist of it. I was just advising buyers to do their research before being blind and ending up with a phone that is inferior to a cheaper model of a different brand. That's all... cheers..:D

Edburg

In the zone
well i have used both nokia and SE from my friends and i find the nokia to be better in almost all respects....as some say,take out the default earphones from SE phones and they become crap.....take even K790/800/810 they have comparable photo quality but video is pathetic.....hell it either has edge or 3G but not both....

no offense to anyone....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom