Status
Not open for further replies.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
ruthless said:
Kerala has low Per Capita Income:confused:
I dont believe it:D
From what i know per capita income is Rs 21,853

It is in the top 7 of the country in terms of per capita income.

@mail2and- Which backward states were you refering to?

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala_model

Check the other resources on this.

*www.mapsofindia.com/maps/india/percapitaincome.htm

This should clear your misconceptions. The stats are a bit old, but they're still relevant.

What I meant by backward states are the states that rank lower in HDI.

Don't take it personally. It's actually a complement to the state that it has achieve high levels of human development, despite the relatively less development of industries in the state.

Another thing that I'd like to mention is that our economy is growing at 9% despite the government, and not because of the govt.

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
No hard feelings man:)

I got my statistics from derek o brian year book 2006 published by Pengin.

LOLZ.
I totally agree

Last edited:
OP
shakshy

shakshy

Broken In
mail2and said:
I hate the political class, too; but I don't hate the people. The people of our country, given a chance, can do anything.
It's the politcal beings of India to be blamed, thats true but our own people are also the part of the politics. Our people can do anything if given chance and that applies also to their bad-doing. Why are those riots and fightings taking place?? These are the creation of politics but they are also supported by the people. Our own mob are the makers of trouble's in many of such cases. How much of resources, public properties India has lost on these hungamas which are destroyed by our own people.

Untill people use their own minds to think what is right development is far from sight.

ashisharya

In the zone
nix said:
^its not all about the numbers...people's attitude has to change. it has to come from within us that we need to keep this place clean. and also govt must adopt the hire and fire policy...babus dont work but still get salary...india's in a big mess and i dont think we'll ever get out of it. we'll keep getting deeper and deeper into problems. the biggest problem i think we're facing now is vote bank politics....

anyone can sit in a chair and can type dese words dude.....if u really wanna change ur country be a politician and then do good for country......change urself first.............

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
ashisharya said:
anyone can sit in a chair and can type dese words dude.....if u really wanna change ur country be a politician and then do good for country......change urself first.............

Best post in the thread so far.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
ashisharya said:
agree wid u...but this is nt as simple as u r saying.
u knw the political condition of our country.U cant be a politician if u dont follow the indian style of poltics..u understand wht I mean.
We simple man cannot do all those,...but yes,from a chair also we can contribute something in development of our country.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ashisharya said:
any1 can see a movie and quote the same words (RDB all sitting in bar, mahadevan saying almost the same thing) .... and yes same goes to u .... i can also tell others to change but theres no point if i dont change myself

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
it_waaznt_me said:
caleb you didnt even bother to read Andy's reply above yours.

To add to Andy's reply, I'd add some more .. If India is really developing why is that we are not able to see those changes (positive changes mind you) ..? The problem is people' thinking is self centered. If a flyover is being built, people wont appreciate the building .. they'll curse the roadjam caused cauz of construction work ..
Definition of development is relative to a person ... If you are compugeek, you'll want "development" in broadband, pricing , infrastructure et al .. You wont even notice a new hospital opened for public ..

My senior tells me that you new people are like man in a hurry .. You want everything fast .. You dont appreciate small changes .. I guess this applies to all of our generation ..

@Andy : Comparing India to China isnt justified .. China is a communist country where people comes after development ..

anyways ..
Who is Andy??? If you are referring to mailtoand than I have read his post...but just bcoz andy feels that "The focus should be on the farmer, and not the middle class urban teen who wants to download stuff" does not mean that's the way to go.

I am all for the poor farmer (coz I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the farmer) but I am an urban (although 20 years past my teens) person & I pay taxes honestly so I have every right to question what we (the "urban middle class"...btw we too are the citizens of this country) are being made to face everyday.

I've worked 3 years in UK (and travel 21 days a year outside India...work related) and I have seen flyovers being built in many countires (eg. Tokyo, Japan which is MUCH more densely populated than Mumbai)and They DO NOT inconvenience the commuters and the work gets completed without causing the kind of congestions that it causes in Mumbai...ofcourse I'll curse the contractors & the politicians who are doing such a careless job when I see a motorcycle rider dead becoz of the negligence of the shoddy construction/repair work being carried out wihtout any safety precautions(btw just 1 month ago on western Express highway in Mumbai a repair work caused the death of a motorcycle rider).

Also jsut bcoz China's people vs development policy as per you is not justified does not mean we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to China. We have a lot to learn from China...even if we agree to yor view point that in China "people comes after development" they are much better off coz we put neither development nor people first...only the politicians pocket is put first.

You say "Definition of development is relative to a person" yes to a certain extent it is true but people are not blind to just say that bcoz I don't get broadband connection we are underdeveloped...we are talking of the overall aspect of our country. Take a look at he farmers for the past 10 years...they've been mass suicides...do you know why?...LACK OF DEVELOPMENT mate. If in a city like Mumbai does not get proper water supply what do you think is happening to the rural folk?

We are not in a hurry but we can definately see that at the rate we are going it is FAR TOO SLOW...all of which is totally unacceptable bcoz we can achieve so much more with THE SAME RESOURCES that we currently have.

OP
shakshy

shakshy

Broken In
ashisharya said:
It's not like that...by being a politician is not the only way we can change our country. Rather, we cannot change our country by being politician. There are many ways by which we can develope our country....

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
ashisharya said:
This is the favourite line of all our politicinas...why should one become a politician? We are PAYING our politicians do their job right.

Do you join the municipality of your locality becoz they can't clear all the garbage in your area?...do you take up a drivers job because the local buses in your area does not have good drivers?...when you elect & PAY for a politician it is your job to talk & make noise about it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
India is developing only for rich peoples ,not for poor peoples 30% indian poulation is still below poverty line .Farmers are commiting suicide in Maharastra and Uttar pradesh , and the govt is giving their land for SEZ .So what we can think about real Development . Untill and unless the vicious circle of poverty is reduced it will be idiotic to be called as developing india or I say we are living in fool's paradise

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Desi-Tek.com said:
want to make india developed? develop your self and India will be developed :)

Ya dude u r correct. U be a true Indian. Dont take n give bribe. Ask for ur rights. Thats enough for INDIA TO DEVELOP.....:smile:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
my family pay taxes,inever pee or spit on the road,never throw garbage on road.i m studying to give something back.thats my contribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom