INDIA, iMac Is Here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
goobimama said:
Why am I even arguing with you? Its hopeless. You win. Forever and always.

hey man, don't start an argument with gx. He's a hardcore fanboy of Windows, and he'll defend it to his teeth. Not just windows, but he illogically rejects any hardware that is different from a PC. I have wasted my energy many times before trying to explain logic to him but no point. He doesn't really understand that PC is not the only piece of hardware that people use in the world and that more PC users are much more dumb than fewer MAC users. (Read the last sentence carefully and understand the meaning before anyone dares starting an argument on this)

praka123

left this forum longback
^Microsoft wants propaganda mongers!that's why they(these aspirants) defend everything forgetting ethics and standard.for eg:when i first posted about Vista's inherent DRM(restrictions&a nice rootkit inside vista)-there is large uproar from win fanatics.they simply cant digest the reality this company is doing.they justifies its sin at any cost.i am happy that some ppl understands the reality atleast.
but as the brother of a s/w engineer working in a M$ supporting company(largest supporter of M$ in India),I can understand that when ur brought up or stuck with M$ technologies(Vs.net),u will find anything non-Microsoft is sin.

One word-do not support monopoly.this sucks

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ ok so a company that writes a software and wants u to pay for it but allows u to tweak it and also is ready to compromise its security just for the fact that customers are allowed to choose the anti-virus they need is a monopoly and a company that ensures that u use the hardware that is from their company and their software doesnt allow u to tweak anything isnt a monopoly ....

prakash and help~is~here please make sense of what ur saying ...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
No chance, man! Apple made the switch to Intel because non-compatibility with the rest of the world was making life difficult for the Mac faithful.p

They made the switch so that they can Use Windows as a USP. Apple has always been a closed platform, staying with PowerPC wouldn't have created any problem.

Can iMac have Windows On it?

Yes but..

1) It will cost u lot more then a similar Windows Desktop PC

2) If you have a problem due to some hardware, fix it yourself. If U try calling MS support they will say they can't gve support cos Windows is running on a closed hardware, Mac.

3) If u have any software problem with Windows, don't call Apple. They will say they can't solve it cos Apple didn't made windows.

4) You cannot upgrade it

5) If any single component of iMac malfunctions, u have to send the whole computer for repair. If something cannot be fixed, whole computer will be replaced. I hope downtime is an issue with the users

6) Its not flexible & modular

7) No TV on Mac platform in India.

He's a hardcore fanboy of Windows, and he'll defend it to his teeth.

Windows :confused:. I hope U don't have some trouble in reading, I m talking about Pure hardware here.

he illogically rejects any hardware that is different from a PC

Isn't Mac also a PC (Personal Computer)

Microsoft wants propaganda mongers!

Have a look at your articles, Links & slashdot first

when i first posted about Vista's inherent DRM(restrictions&a nice rootkit inside vista)-there is large uproar from win fanatics

Because u were lying, & did not posted "Vista DRM only affects DRM based content"

they simply cant digest the reality this company is doing.they justifies its sin at any cost.i am happy that some ppl understands the reality at least.

I think the space bar key of your keyboard hardware is not compatible with Linux. Why don't u spend 4 5 weeks to make or find a compatible drivers, while I will enjoy Some movies on my Vista machine

prakash and help~is~here please make sense of what ur saying ...

Don;'t worry, they can't make sense. Its a noob problem. They don't know the inside of Windows so speculate there own lies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
gx_saurav said:
Isn't Mac also a PC (Personal Computer)

hmm... good pj :D

Isn't comparing PC with a Mac similar to comparing Altec Lansing with BOSE... with the same quality headphones, BOSE costs 150$ more than AL.... yet people go on and get "fantasized" by BOSE and would always prefer it provided with deep n heavy pockets... Now why would people tend to do so... ???? :? Are they dumb or what ???

Oh yeah.... I get the point..... Take an ipod + Altec lansing to a public place....oops I am un-noticed.... :D Then again I get a Bose QC3/Sennheiser HD 650 and hell ya... stares and urging stares and stares saying "Oh Man, If I was so lucky.....".... yeah I kinda (its not me alone right ?? :D) cherish that lusting stares making me feel proud and glorious and wahtever..... :)

Well its like getting a blue-eyed brunette (taste varies frm man 2 man) .... when u know theres lotsa other stuff with pretty similar features... yet at a low cost (pardon my comparison if anyone is hurt here... :D)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude i think u have turned a blind eye to facts provided by gx ... all of the components used in ur mac are made by asus, samsung etc ... so whats the difference :?

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Hell ya.. it was about the difference that ya all were talking (or arguin should I say) abt till now.... and oops... didn't u get it ??? :D :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
rockthegod said:
Isn't comparing PC with a Mac similar to comparing Altec Lansing with BOSE... with the same quality headphones, BOSE costs 150$ more than AL.... yet people go on and get "fantasized" by BOSE and would always prefer it provided with deep n heavy pockets... Now why would people tend to do so... ???? :? Are they dumb or what ???

I will give u an example. Bose adds there own research & developement in the headphones such as Background noice cancelation, then they give this technology to anyone who wants to License. Is Apple doing the same?
Oh yeah.... I get the point..... Take an ipod + Altec lansing to a public place....oops I am un-noticed.... :D Then again I get a Bose QC3/Sennheiser HD 650 and hell ya... stares and urging stares and stares saying "Oh Man, If I was so lucky.....".... yeah I kinda (its not me alone right ?? :D) cherish that lusting stares making me feel proud and glorious and wahtever....

Good Luck protecting your iPod from thieves :D

Computer market is not a Brunette. There is cut throat competition. Apple makes a hardware but charing 17k for the enclosure alone is absurd when it gives no flexibility.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
gx_saurav said:
I will give u an example. Bose adds there own research & developement in the headphones such as Background noice cancelation, then they give this technology to anyone who wants to License. Is Apple doing the same?

Altec lansing has its own technology so does BOSE . and needless to say that u get nearly the same noise cancellation effect albeit they are running on different tech and procedures .... I was comparing them on similar levels... Apple's is using custom made hardwares (by gen. manufactureres) blending them with their own unique eye-catching designs and obviously theres the brand play.... the core tech here is similar to the PCs as u hv already said urself.

Its like comparing a Dell XPS with Alienware m9750.... both can be fabricated on similar hardware levels.... and so the performance may be nearly the same... yet u know which one is like "the best" and why !!!!

gx_saurav said:
Good Luck protecting your iPod from thieves :D

Yeah.... it has been safe till date..... :D

gx_saurav said:
Computer market is not a Brunette. There is cut throat competition. Apple makes a hardware but charing 17k for the enclosure alone is absurd when it gives no flexibility.

Apple has been solely surviving/ruling/guiding this cut-throat competition so far for a long time. Dumb enclosures would not have led it so far in this crude competition. Its not the enclosure alone but the beauty and brand and custom hardwares... yeah people tend to give a s*** abt that.... !!! :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
rockthegod said:
Apple has been solely surviving/ruling/guiding this cut-throat competition so far for a long time. Dumb enclosures would not have led it so far in this crude competition. Its not the enclosure alone but the beauty and brand and custom hardwares... yeah people tend to give a s*** abt that.... !!! :)

Yeah...seems like, 4% market share all over the world explains there mistake & "surviving" capability :D

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Its close to 20% (IDC Sources/ Business2) worldwide considering all the products they make.... and yeah.. thtz a fair percentage considering its a single company existing on its own for a very long time... and not to mention the product base is quite different from the rest with which it competes..... and then theres iTunes Store and all those.... which has a very large no. of customers....

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
rockthegod said:
Its close to 20% (IDC Sources/ Business2) worldwide considering all the products they make

We are only talking about Computer here. Everyone knows iPod saved apple from bankruptcy.

and yeah.. thtz a fair percentage considering its a single company existing on its own for a very long time.
Apple creates there own market & then they rule it.

theres iTunes Store and all those.... which has a very large no. of customers....
Only in USA & Japan

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
:lol: rock the god

"Apple has been solely surviving/ruling/guiding this cut-throat competition so far for a long time. Dumb enclosures would not have led it so far in this crude competition." those dumb enclosures almost got the company closed :lol:

godling

Banned
My PC (see my signature) came for much much less than 61k or whatever.

But it will make a b**ch out the iMac and prove it's worthlessness. For 61k,
one can build a G.R.A.N.D assembled PC with mindblowing graphics.
(Keep in mind that a 7950 GX2 XXX 1GB comes for 14.5k now).

So, all you iMac lovers........

I've got my core solo extreme pimped to 3.73, and the 7900GS XXX is all
ready to go.....

Let's see how your Mrs. "sex appeal" with the c2d and the rest of the components
does against my beast here, shall we?

How 'bout PREY at 1920x1200 with all sliders cranked to max? What? your
lady cannot handle that? Whoa............

Only a d*ckhead will buy this piece of junk, really.

godling said:
My PC (see my signature) came for much much less than 61k or whatever.

But it will make a b**ch out the iMac and prove it's worthlessness. For 61k,
one can build a G.R.A.N.D assembled PC with mindblowing graphics.
(Keep in mind that a 7950 GX2 XXX 1GB comes for 14.5k now).

So, all you iMac lovers........

I've got my core solo extreme pimped to 3.73, and the 7900GS XXX is all
ready to go.....

Let's see how your Mrs. "sex appeal" with the c2d and the rest of the components
does against my beast here, shall we?

How 'bout PREY at 1920x1200 with all sliders cranked to max? What? your
lady cannot handle that? Whoa............

Only a d*ckhead will buy this piece of junk, really.

Ok, all this is your perception of how the computer should be, pimped to the max with all mind blowing graphics and everything to the max. But you need to understand one fact that, that is not how the entire world sees what computers are. And unfortunately many like you fail to respect other people's tastes thinking that what you think of a computer is how it should be, and that's where your fanboyism kicks in.

Your computer is sure a 'beast' but the iMac is beauty. Show me another computer on the face of the planet that looks better than an iMac!

Dude, get this straight, what you think a computer is not what the entire world thinks a computer is so there is no point in arguing that just because your computer or anyother computer is pimped to the max makes it better than another one. Don't forget that the very Windows logo that you are so blatanly supporting was made on a MAC. So, stop this crap about PC being better than a MAC. You need to learn to respect other peoples tastes and not be a moron in thinking what you think is always right and keep arguing that the rabbit you caught has 3 ears!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
what you think a computer is not what the entire world thinks a computer is so there is no point in arguing

Show me another computer on the face of the planet that looks better than an iMac!

contradictions ... beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ... and help~is~here u are not aware of what the points in the discussions about the imacs, pcs, windows, os have been ...

and about ur comment that windows was made on a mac ..... tere mac pe banaya tha kya ... ya jo mun mein aaya type kar diya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom