INDIA, iMac Is Here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
Earlier we reported that new iMacs have been released and now here we have it. iMac is finnaly here in India. The iMacs come in two variants of 20 and 24 inches, enclosed in glass and aluminum enclosers. Besides this they are powered with Intel Core 2 Duo processors and integrate iLife’08, and iWork’08. iMac packs an ultra thin keyboard, a light mouse, and an integrated iSight video camera.

HERE..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
64K for a computer which I cannot upgrade when I can get a far better assembled PC......no thanx

goobimama

 Macboy
20" display = 20k
Core 2 Duo CPU + MOBO = 15k
RAM = 2k
HDD = 5k
Cabinet + PSU = 2k
Speakers = 1k
keyboard+mouse = 1k
Graphics card= 5k
DVD writer = 1.5k
Windows Vista Home Premium = 10k
= ~61k

Add the sexy enclosure and the fact that this one runs OS X and its a killer PC at a killer price. I've seen these at the apple store at least a week ago. They look amazing. There is the issue with the glossy display though, one can see reflections if there is a window behind.

The keyboard is **** ***** amazing! The feel is too good and it is very sturdy. 64k for this...amazing price

FYI, they don't come with iWork 08, its just a trial version.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
goobimama said:
20" display = 20k
Core 2 Duo CPU + MOBO = 15k
RAM = 2k
HDD = 5k
Cabinet + PSU = 2k
Speakers = 1k
keyboard+mouse = 1k
Graphics card= 5k
DVD writer = 1.5k
Windows Vista Home Premium = 10k
= ~61k
Cut 10 k for Vista home premium. I have the choice whether to buy the OS or not. Or I can use Linux. So new Price = 51k

Cut all additional softwares, i can use OpenOffice instead of Office 2007. I m not forced to buy software. Cost comes even further below to say...47k (4K for Office 2007 student & teacher edition)

Which is better? An assembled computer at 47K which u can upgrade, mod...change, pimp the way u want. Or an iMac at 64k which u cannot upgrade, & u r forced to use it at its default state.

If in the assembled computer, suppose the monitor is not working & I need to buy a new one, I can simply go out & buy a new 20" Monitor at 20k. In case of Apple, if monitor doesn't work, I have to buy a new iMac for 64k. (This assuming monitor cannot be repaired).

If in my assembled computer, I need a new graphics card...I can simply go out & buy a GeForce 8600GT for say 8K & plug it in. I cannot do that in iMac.

In assembled computer, 1 year from now, I can buy a Blue Ray drive or HD DVD drive & install it. I cannot do that with iMac.

In assembled computer, I can plug in a Pinnacle PCTV TV Tuner & Watch TV in Windows Media center or Vista Media Center, record TV Shows, & make DvDs of those shows. I cannot do the same in iMac.

In assembled computer......ah shucks....u all get my point :D. I hope u still don't say "Lets pay 17k more just for the enclosure", when in the same price I can get a TV Tuner, better gfx card & upgrading capability.

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
gx_saurav said:
Cut 10 k for Vista home premium. I have the choice whether to buy the OS or not. Or I can use Linux.... So new Price = 51k
gx_saurav said:
Cut all additional softwares, i can use OpenOffice instead of Office 2007.
;):D [No Comments]

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ I didn't mean I m gonna use them :D, cos I already have Windows Vista & Office 2007 with me, which I can "move" to my new assembled computer.

In case of iMac, I have to buy a new OS, even if I already have a Mac which came with iLife etc.

Suppose I have an iMac, means I bought OS X & iLife/iWork with it. If I buy a new Mac & ditch my old one, I cannot use or move the same software to the new Mac. I have to buy the OS X & iLife/iWork again.

Mark my Words, Apple can come close to the cost of Dell, but it can never beat assembled computers in price to performance ratio. Never, No chance in hell.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
dd_wingrider said:
offtopic : is there any brand which offers mac type keyboards for PC??
if you are talking about Mac like keyboard hardware, then donno.

If u r talking about Apple keyboard on PC. it might work

If u r talking about a keyboard with Apple buttons for PC, then nope.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
*user-agent.org/stuff/images/mac_keyboard_03.jpg
i am actually asking about the one in pic^^ keyboard(hardware), the one with glossy look and white buttons n stuff

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iv seen mac keyboards at croma made by logitech but im not verys ure whether thay will have a pc version but they are usb so u can use em

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thats the old Apple keyboard. It won't work with PC without some serious tweaking. Thats why most of the Mac users buy Microsoft or Logitech Keyboard & Mouse. Even Apple sales Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse at there site.

goobimama

 Macboy
GX. Its pointless arguing with you.

Anyway, I'm supposing someone could extract the keyboard drivers from the bootcamp CD and use that keyboard with a PC. After all, it does work with Windows in Bootcamp.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
goobimama said:
GX. Its pointless arguing with you.

Why, u were the one trying to justify the cost of 64k of iMac & compared that to an assembled computer for 47k...not me. No seriously, do u justify paying 17k just for the looks & enclosure? I mean, 17k isn't a small amount of money. You can't do many things I can do with that assembled computer on an iMac, like watching TV within 64k. Can u? You wanna watch TV, then buy yourself

1) iMac for 64k

2) Elgato EyeTV Pro software, donno the price.

3) Pinnacle PCTV for Mac USB based tuner. which is about 4k

So 68k for an iMac which can show TV, or 54k for Assembled Computer which can show TV with internal Pinnacle PCTV Tuner card with TVCenter Pro & Windows XP Home.

Seriously goobi, assembled computer is a segment to which Apple should never compete. This is the area of pure geeks, Never compare an Apple product to Assembled Computer, u will be ashamed at the low price to performance ratio of Mac.

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
goobimama said:
20" display = 20k

I wish to coorect you here. Just cheked on the prices of 20" LCD monitor
It is 12800/- viewsonic.
& for 17500/- you can get a 22" widescreen monitor(viewsonic) with a Ipod dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom