India Drub Tajikisthan to Win AFC Cup!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Great win by India. They drubbed tajikisthan 4-1 to win the AFC Cup which provided them with direct entry into the Asia cup in 2011.chettri sored thrice and Bhiachung scored with a scintillating volley.India were 3-0 up by 20 mins.Great win by India and a leap forward for Indian football.

*www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=817451

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Some relief for Indians as after the loss to SriLanka in cricket, they have got second great news of Indians winning in other sports.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I think football has a huge potential in India;within a couple of decades, it could be a very popular games and we may even see India qualifying for WC and getting to semi's..

iinfi

mekalodu
good ... but i dont see kids playing the game these days in my area.
neither is the game encouraged in school.
80% of the school matches and inter-school matches happens in the slush in rainy seasons where people/kids with good ball control and technique are of no use.
only the physically stronger ones who kick the ball the hardest get a chance to go ahead.
such players from all arnd the country reach the national level. they learn dribbling at the age of 22-23 at a time when their counterparts in Europe/Americas v won atleast 2- Champions league/League titles or the WC.
hence the sorry state of affairs of the game in India !!!

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
. Watched the semi final matches . . India loses in terms of infrastructure . . The ground condition was the worst thing to watch . . If it wasnt rainy and the ground not muddy pool india would not have reached anywhere . .

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Great achievement for India, considering how little attention is given to football in this country. The facilities are non-existent, the grounds are not much better than mudpatches and the crowds... Where ARE the crowds??? Probably watching the Indian cricket team win a series in Sri lanka 'for the first time in 15 or so years'. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom