Increased references to India in Hollywood movies/tv shows

NightRider

Broken In
Funding? WTF?
Why r u so surprised. India used to be known as a bottomless basket. Still it graciously takes as much foreign aid as it can manage from European countries. If India takes 1 billion dollars of aid from a specific foreign country, in return it wholeheartedly buys 100 billion dollars of weapon from the same manipulative foreign country. It’s not really surprised that most of these foreign countries r so eager to give aid to India because they know pretty well that they r going to receive 10 times in return.

And as for this topic is concerned, I really don’t know why India is being mentioned frequently in recent American or British tv shows but I guess it has something to do with increasing number of Indian audiences of these shows.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Why r u so surprised. India used to be known as a bottomless basket. Still it graciously takes as much foreign aid as it can manage from European countries. If India takes 1 billion dollars of aid from a specific foreign country, in return it wholeheartedly buys 100 billion dollars of weapon from the same manipulative foreign country. It’s not really surprised that most of these foreign countries r so eager to give aid to India because they know pretty well that they r going to receive 10 times in return.
That's what almost all countries do!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Many misconceptions here:
1.India needs foreign aid just like it needs to buy weapons,there are no choices here until India changes its mindset(or open it to other nations,those who advocate doing everything by themselves,USSR & North Korea are good eye openers).
2.average USA iq is low,really,this coming from people of nation where just a few years ago a mass hysteria happened because of idol drinking milk to people of nation who gave us nukes,internet & NASA.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
there are lots of extremely smart and passionate guys in the US..
if you go to MS you definitely won't be seeing them.

and even if you did get a job and end up in a indian mini town, you won't be seeing lots of the smart Americans.

entire software and computer industry was built there by americans in the 1960s to 1990s..
then indians took over, like always.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
entire software and computer industry was built there by americans in the 1960s to 1990s..
then indians took over, like always.
Just because someone lives in US doesn't make a person an American. I guess a lot of people have no idea where those Americans came from!

Many misconceptions here:
2.average USA iq is low,really,this coming from people of nation where just a few years ago a mass hysteria happened because of idol drinking milk to people of nation who gave us nukes,internet & NASA.
This example is of such a lower standard. Please don't bring this in between If I start replying to this then this thread will take an entirely different route. Keep religion & beliefs aside from this. Just keep this in mind hysteria happens almost everywhere & its sentimental.

America is not only comprised of americans if you read their histrory its a country made up of people from different parts. NASA's majority of the employees are not american.

Of course there are smart americans too. A country cannot consist of only one type of people. But we are just saying the mentality of an average american which is not much different from us. Garbage movies earns more there too like in india.
Our theories are just based on our(or our friends) personal experiences. Which does not means its scientifically proven.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
US citizens are almost as diverse as we are. Only more tolerant to one another.

Also, the US produces the highest number of scientists than any country.

- - - Updated - - -

To sum up what American's think of India:

*40.media.tumblr.com/9c31c15d355ea55393b13a4c391f26c1/tumblr_mnzaprC1lL1sqhz72o1_1280.png
Archer: On god, with the curry again! This shirt smells like Indira Gandhi's thong.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Could be.

This is what I think of Muricans.

*i.imgur.com/bXCFcZc.gif

OR

*i.imgur.com/t7T8bZq.gif

*i.imgur.com/el4g1Ef.jpg

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
In the 2000s, Bollywood began influencing musical films in the Western world, and played a particularly instrumental role in the revival of the American musical film genre. Baz Luhrmann stated that his musical film Moulin Rouge! (2001) was directly inspired by Bollywood musicals. The film incorporated an Indian-themed play based on the ancient Sanskrit drama Mṛcchakatika and a Bollywood-style dance sequence with a song from the film China Gate. The critical and financial success of Moulin Rouge! renewed interest in the then-moribund Western musical genre, and subsequently films such as Chicago, The Producers, Rent, Dreamgirls, Hairspray, Sweeney Todd, Across the Universe, The Phantom of the Opera, Enchanted and Mamma Mia! were produced, fuelling a renaissance of the genre

Bollywood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This example is of such a lower standard. Please don't bring this in between If I start replying to this then this thread will take an entirely different route. Keep religion & beliefs aside from this. Just keep this in mind hysteria happens almost everywhere & its sentimental.

America is not only comprised of americans if you read their histrory its a country made up of people from different parts. NASA's majority of the employees are not american.

Of course there are smart americans too. A country cannot consist of only one type of people. But we are just saying the mentality of an average american which is not much different from us. Garbage movies earns more there too like in india.
Our theories are just based on our(or our friends) personal experiences. Which does not means its scientifically proven.
Again with misconceptions & contradictions.There is a difference between Hysteria based on sentiment(a riot against a particular community in retaliation of some brutal attack by some of their members,possible in any country) & hysteria based on superstition(only possible in superstitious countries like ours).USA was created by Britons & by that standard any one not a red-indian(native american) is outsider so leave arguments like "NASA's majority of the employees are not american" out of it.What do you think a real american should be anyway?Anyone who has a US citizenship is an American & an immigrant US citizen may be more american than someone who is born in USA.

Again with misconceptions & contradictions.There is a difference between Hysteria based on sentiment(a riot against a particular community in retaliation of some brutal attack by some of their members,possible in any country) & hysteria based on superstition(only possible in superstitious countries like ours).USA was created by Britons & by that standard any one not a red-indian(native american) is outsider so leave arguments like "NASA's majority of the employees are not american" out of it.What do you think a real american should be anyway?Anyone who has a US citizenship is an American & an immigrant US citizen may be more american than someone who is born in USA.

I am not sure if you are trying to be neutral. From your replies Its difficult to understand.

What makes you think that usa is not a superstitious country? slightly less..maybe (due to cultural differences) but not completely deprived of it
Anyone who has a US citizenship is an American & an immigrant US citizen may be more american than someone who is born in USA.
Yes of course why not? But what we are discussing is....:facepalm: ...never mind leave it.
If I go on countering your statements it will be a wastage of time & energy most importantly way out of topic. Thus lets leave it here.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
I am not sure if you are trying to be neutral. From your replies Its difficult to understand.

What makes you think that usa is not a superstitious country? slightly less..maybe (due to cultural differences) but not completely deprived of it

Yes of course why not? But what we are discussing is....:facepalm: ...never mind leave it.
If I go on countering your statements it will be a wastage of time & energy most importantly way out of topic. Thus lets leave it here.

aw its over, i thought that troll wars were beginning..........

Top Bottom