Increase C drive space

Oogway

Right off the assembly line
I want to increase the space in my friends Pc.
But I dont find any option for "Delete Partion" in D drive. why?
And the C drive space is only 5GB whereas in Disk 0 area it shows 24 GB. How?
Below is the screenshot of manage screen

Please help.
What are the step to be taken increase the space for this PC?
Is the system Ok?
And what went wrong?

Thank You

I want to increase the space in my friends Pc.
But I dont find any option for "Delete Partion" in D drive. why?
And the C drive space is only 5GB whereas in Disk 0 area it shows 24 GB. How?
Below is the screenshot of manage screen

manage.JPG

Please help.
What are the step to be taken increase the space for this PC?
Is the system Ok?
And what went wrong?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Clear temp, prefetch, old restore points, remove unnecessary programs. If no gain, then reduce page file or move it if necessary.

Upload a fresh screen shot, its too small to figure out anything.

Flash

Lost in speed
^^ Try Extend/Shrink partitions, then try creating a "New volume" with the free space as below.

*www.thewindowsclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/New-Simple-Volume-600x358.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
do not use windows disk management to modify C drive space.use some software like easeus partition master home free(best for windows 7/xp but runs a bit slower on win 8 & with some issues) or MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition free(works fine on win 8 too).

Reloaded

In the zone
Use this method, tested it personally. How to Merge Partitions to A Bigger One
Download the free home edition Free Partition Manager - AOMEI Partition Assistant Home

The process doesn't take more the 5 minutes. Empty the drive before hand to speedup the process. No data loss, no damage.

doomgiver

Warframe
do not use windows disk management to modify C drive space.use some software like easeus partition master home free(best for windows 7/xp but runs a bit slower on win 8 & with some issues) or MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition free(works fine on win 8 too).

+1.

though i'd strongly urge you to use a linux live CD and use Gparted software to do the changes. windows-based tools may damage your data.

techresorts

Right off the assembly line
If you re partition your drives use aomei partition manager.It is the handy tool for drive partitioning with out lossing data.

Top Bottom