Incomplete build!!!

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
hi guyz...need help in building my rig which is incomplete....following are the components i need to buy in coming week..

cpu: purchased 2500k
psu: selected corsair tx750v2....gonna purchase it with the remaining build
cabinet: purchased corsair 400r
gpu: purchase date...Jan-feb 2012 (waiting for SI)
monitor...kb/m already purchased

motherboard: ??????(z68 preferred for obvious reasons.)(asus,msi,asrock preferred)
ram: ??????(gskill,corsair preferred)

what basically i need is motherboard with sli/cf & gen3 full support(not native support like gigabyte)and ram with 1600-1833mhz with 8-8-8-24 timing (not 9-9-9-24..it so old school)

Gonna purchase it from mumbai (lamington road)
asked primeabgb about gen3 & ram cl8 timings, they say thay dont have it..!

how is quality of asus,msi,asrock & RMA services of these companies.
help me guyz with mobo/ram combo...!

Last edited:
OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^i want to purchase mobo/ram & psu in the budget of 22k...23K max
as psu i have already selected tx750v2.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7(Buy it now thank me later) - 18k
GSkill 2x2GB 1600MHz 9-9-9-24-33 1T - ~1.5k
TX750 v2 - 6k
Total - 26k (3k off ur budget.)

d3p

PowerHouse
If SLI/CF is the requirement, the 750 runs on border line.

Better to stick to some good 850w. Anyway i hope you just selected the PSU, you haven't made the purchase. Moreover the price difference between TX850 v2 & TX750 v2 is very less & 850 makes pretty much sense.

IMO get this..

Component | Make | Price Motherboard |Asus p8Z68v Pro|13000
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|3300
PSU |Corsair TX850w|7000
| Total |23300

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
hey are you sure for asus p8z68v-pro for 13k,
because i got quote for p8z68v --13.2k
and what about gen3 board & ram with cl8 ?

d3p

PowerHouse
P8Z68 V Pro prices has gone up. Its priced at 14.2k at SMC. Sorry for the overlook.

However your CL8 Rams will be pretty much costlier compared to CL9 Ripjaws X.

Last edited:
OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^is it wise to spend atleast 500~600 more for cl8 timing...i mean how much impact does it have on performance compared to cl9 & world wide there is not much of difference on pricing in ram between cl8 & cl9

so then what do u recommend for mobo then p8z68 v-gen3 then or msi z68-gd65-g3 ?
is msi reliable or should i stick with asus?

d3p

PowerHouse
Tighter timings = Stable Overclock. But CL8 doesn't have much improvements compared to CL9. Difference might not be visible too. So only in bench it might hit few more points.

IMO get Ripjaws X CL9 kit.

For Mobo, Asus P8Z68v has some good features onboard & even msi GD65 too. So it will be wise, if you check both of the offerings & pricings then buy one of them, based on your requirements.

Get Asus p8Z68v, you will enjoy the OCing.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Another thing, Ripjaw X CL9 modules are known to run at tigher lanetcy values. So I think you can make them work at CL8 setting after some trials in BIOS. It is perfectly safe and not gonna harm your memory modules.

Also get either a single 4GB module or 2X4 GB kit as 4GB is the current standard for DDR3, saving some memory slots and let you upgrade and run in dual channel mode in future. Don't go for the 2X2GB modules.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^is gskill sniper 8gb(4gbx2) sr2(1.25v) good for running on tighter latencies?
motherboard was the most confusing part to decide..u guyz made that easy,
thank you.

shantanu

Technomancer
If you are not living in a Metro city, Gigabyte can give you some problems with warranty. My friend is Gigabyte Regional distributor & there are a few high end boards that are stuck with him from months. So If there is a choice with Asus or MSi ( Rashi & Neoteric Importers ) deals with the boards, you are better off on the warranty issues.

Gigabyte UD7 series boards are awesome IMO when talking about stability & performance.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Is bitfang a trusted e-tailer..coz they have gen3 boards from msi ranging from 12.5K to 17.5K...couldnt find any gen3 board in lamington...though bitfang have it
if anybody knows shops which sell these boards in lamington road pls reply...!

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^dude how come.... they are charging 13.5k for msi z68-gd65(gen3)...whereas asus z68-v still sells at 13.2k in laminton road and they have some other stuff too...im always made to buy from brick&mortar shops thats why im waitin for gen3 boards to hit lamington road shops...till now no positive response from shops...

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
YEs, B2 is used to be around that mark. But we can expect some price increase for G3 due to those pci-e3.0 slots, right? But not upto 13.5K.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
dude thats what im trying to say what special features has asus p8z68-v(non gen3) got for price tag of 13.3k?
on top of that no gen3 board is avaliable through out lamington road...not even prime has it...
does any one know where could i find one?

heres the link for msi z68-gd65/gen3 motherboard from bit fang :-
*bitfang.com/msi-z68a-gd65-g3-lga-1155-intel-z68-motherboard-pid35635/

Top Bottom