Inappropriate ads on Youtube

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Which phone is this? Some chinese phones, like Redmi 8 new versions, are pushing many invasive ads.
Secondly, Youtube have a paid version where you can subscribe to Youtube premium and get rid of ads.
Third, as mentioned YT Vanced is a modded version which you can use to remove ads without paying.

Personally I pay google to get rid of ads on 6 accounts at once. The family plan. Its Rs 189 per month. Never seen an ad in a year.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which phone is this? Some chinese phones, like Redmi 8 new versions, are pushing many invasive ads.
Secondly, Youtube have a paid version where you can subscribe to Youtube premium and get rid of ads.
Third, as mentioned YT Vanced is a modded version which you can use to remove ads without paying.

Personally I pay google to get rid of ads on 6 accounts at once. The family plan. Its Rs 189 per month. Never seen an ad in a year.
I also thought about it but the app is official youtube app & ads inside it are solely controlled by google I believe.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Clear Chrome YouTube history, my google activity.. everything.. start afresh
I also thought about it but the app is official youtube app & ads inside it are solely controlled by google I believe.
I would like to get more screenshots. Preferably not cropped.
New M31. New Jio Sim. Chrome is disabled. Only Samsung browser. He took extended screenshots, had to crop them to zoom in on these.
Here's what I conclude, ads personalization in the newly created google id is turned off. Maybe this is the reason for these kinda ads, keeping in mind that he must have selected some random year with age 18+. Even if that's the case never thought Skynet would stoop so low to rake in those $$$$

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yes, I meant instead of using Youtube via App or stock browser, he should use it via Vanced App or Brave Browser. :)
He has installed YTVanced in the new phone. Already using the same in his phone, though wanted a clone of this app. Reason one for personal usage so suggestions are also kinda the personal videos-comedy, action etc. The second for work/news purposes. Any clone app or similar app like that of YTVanced?
Tried newpipe as suggested above. It ain't good.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Same happening for me. On android 10.
Even adaway not blocking it.
You found solution?
On android 9 ads were nullified. Only video ads were there..

Found solution..
For rooted and xposed installed devices..
Use this module (not app)
YouTube AdAway
*forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/app-t2547316
*repo.xposed.info/module/ma.wanam.youtubeadaway
Works on any official YouTube versions..

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
A new phone, with a new google account created with a new jio sim. Now until and unless Google is exporting Jio company's history this is Google's fault
NSFW

Mod edit: Removed pic because of bad language and image.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@billubakra Edited your post to add spoiler tag, don't want this pic to popup on somebody's screen especially nowadays when most are working from home. But I have to say you need to at least use some editing in paint to draw some black lines over cuss words/images for such images when posting.

Top Bottom