Inappropriate ads on Youtube

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

A colleague of mine bought a new phone for his kid. Made a new gmail account, paused history, locations everything in myaccount settings. Opened YT and there is this

Any idea how to disable these kinda ads? Why in the world is even Google pushing these ads?
Is there a way to install two YTVanced apps in a phone? Many clone apps don't clone this one. 1 did but it is full of ads itself.

Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 182
  • thumbnail55555.jpg
    thumbnail55555.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 577
  • thumbnail111111111.jpg
    thumbnail111111111.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Remove the pics and then we can discuss. Just describing the ads would be enough, no need to post something that can be considered NSFW here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Remove the pics and then we can discuss. Just describing the ads would be enough, no need to post something that can be considered NSFW here.
First one can be considered NSFW but later ones,I think spoiler tag is enough. Even for first one spoiler tag should be enough as it is no more NSFW than some Indian mainstream TV content.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Isse jyada to netflix etc. ne gand machaya hai lol
Yeah, but for Netflix you have to give a credit card number to access the content.

Anyway, FWIW, YouTube ads are generally based on search history and other data they collect. Perhaps try disabling targeted ads. It's also possible that the data is associated with the IP address which is now associated with your router.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yeah, but for Netflix you have to give a credit card number to access the content.

Anyway, FWIW, YouTube ads are generally based on search history and other data they collect. Perhaps try disabling targeted ads. It's also possible that the data is associated with the IP address which is now associated with your router.

He got a brand new sim and internet is being used with that sim itself. He doesn't have wifi. Targeted ads already paused as mentioned above.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Removed as full screen, should I remove the thumbnails too or add a NSFW tag?

Yes.
What was the age set in that newly created gmail id? If the kid is below 13 then install youtube kids app.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.youtube.kids&hl=en_IN

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
What was the age set in that newly created gmail id? If the kid is below 13 then install youtube kids app.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.youtube.kids&hl=en_IN
IDK about the age. Is YT kid streaming comedy shows too?
Is there a way to install two YTVanced apps in a phone?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK about the age. Is YT kid streaming comedy shows too?
Is there a way to install two YTVanced apps in a phone?
Try the app for a day or two to see what it offers.

Other than using paid clone app for removing ads,I don't think it is possible to do it in a free way with no ads.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Try the app for a day or two to see what it offers.

Other than using paid clone app for removing ads,I don't think it is possible to do it in a free way with no ads.
Bro YTvanced is a modded version of YT. He has installed it for the kids due to the ads but it is somewhat complicated. Now using 2 YTVanced apps in one phone is a different question.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bro YTvanced is a modded version of YT. He has installed it for the kids due to the ads but it is somewhat complicated. Now using 2 YTVanced apps in one phone is a different question.
Yes I know that is why I said it is not possible to do it in a free way because installing two same apps of any kind will need an app cloning app.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You could also use Newpipe, which is a fully non-Google YouTube app.

Top Bottom