Inaccessible Due To Insufficient Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithishr

Journeyman
Please Please help me guys,
I run Windows XP SP2. I installed Comodo Firewall Pro from this month's Digit CD today. After installing that, I have not been able to open any program or file. Every time I try to do so, an error would pop up saying I have insufficient permission to access the file or that the location is invalid. The location is not invalid as i can access it from my linux. I am using the administrator account of Windows XP. Also i am unable to shutdown or restart my pc through the ALT+F4 screen. I have to shutdown using CTRL+ALT+DEL screen. I am pretty sure that there is no virus or malware in my pc as i scan quite regularly & there was no virus when i checked last saturday.
After installing Comodo Firewall, i had put the Digit DVD in the drive & then firewall asked me what Digit.exe was & i had marked it as an 'Independent Application'. After that i have not been able to open any programs or files. Was it a wrong choice ? How do i correct it now? I cannot even open the Firewall now.

Please Please help

Nithish

mrintech

Technomancer
uninstall the firewall and run a antispyware scan from here: *www.superantispyware.com/download.html

ir

go for kaspersky scan from here (if you have a fast connection): *www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

OP
N

nithishr

Journeyman
The problem is that I cannot access System Restore & Add/Remove Programs. It says I have insufficient permission. Please please help.

Please help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom