Important information for prospective Citibank customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I sent a DD to a person to make payment towards a service, using my Citibank online account. The amount gets reflected in my next credit card statement. I was surprised to learn from him that the DD had my credit card number. I contacted the bank for a clarification, here is what they had to say

*img172.imageshack.us/img172/5607/citibank2kw2.png

Also note that they do not allow special characters in communication (wonder why) and so my mail is devoid of punctuation.

Now, you're thoughts............................

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2104/2123379826_e65106a626_o.png

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
It's a blatant lie that it cannot be redeemed without the Card no. in it, because the card no. comes in a slip attached to the DD and not the actual DD. The DD doesn't have any credit card no. but the additional slip along with it has it.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
hmm....so much for security ? @doc :why not maintain a online a/c with SBI ,corporation/canara bank ?

din

Tribal Boy
Adding credit card number with the DD sounds really stupid. Never heard a Demand Draft need a CC number !

I think you should contact some higher officials in Citibank regarding this. Mostly it will be some mistake and they might be justifying it.

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint
It's a blatant lie that it cannot be redeemed without the Card no. in it, because the card no. comes in a slip attached to the DD and not the actual DD. The DD doesn't have any credit card no. but the additional slip along with it has it.

Yes you are right, that's what the recipient told me. But why reveal the credit card number at all. I pray that you publicize this thread among your family, friends and acquaintances. This is serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom