Im planning to buy laptop

kaz

right here
i guess u don't know anything about the spinoff... they have separated their hardware and software business for better management...

this statement came few weeks after anouncing that they will stop producing laptops..
appling common sense method :p, we should understand it as a marketing strategy..their sales must hv fallen down

n separating here means selling..
probably acer might buy because samsung refused..or may b lg..thats what m least bothered about.. :)

THIS.

People don't know the difference between shutting down and spinning off/selling.

probably
though not a problem for me :)

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
yes buddy tahts what we are telling... people dont understand the diffrence - there is no selling of pc division,the spinoff has already happened..

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
did he tell you y he doesnt like hp??..

btw as quoted by me earlier u r spending near about 70k or more , is it correct... if yes then what do you think about the other brands, like asus n all...

OP
L

lakshesh

Broken In
Im spending near about 60k..

And in dell u r also getting complete cover warranty which no company as such now gives u..

red dragon

Master troll
To all Dell fanboys out there:
Dell complaints • Index page

Hp has a complete cover warranty now.
Just try getting complete cover from HP call them:wink: and see the magic!!
And regarding that forum,please check with HP`s own forum,it has become ihatehp too!!
BTW I myself hate both,but Dell is better than HP atleast in India.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Now I am just playing devil's advocate. Dells are not as bad as HPs. But why don't you people keep an open mind, and accept the fact that some people will prefer HP over Dell because it provides more value for money. The newer DV6 models are much better at handling heating issues. It is working absolutely fine as of now. Though it has been only 4 months and I can't tell how long it will run trouble-free. And at the same point, neither can you.

red dragon

Master troll
Good to know yours is doing ok.
There was a time even I used to think HP is a good brand,much better vfm than Dell.
Bought a dv6 2005ax after reading a very long thread in another Indian forum(same things discussed to death here like heating problem has resolved,built is great,ASS has improved etc.etc)Some experienced member from TE warned me repeatedly about the dv6 series,ignored them,bought it and was very happy for first 6-8 months or so..it was much better in handling games than the Dell studios(xps was much more expensive at that time)
Then the magic started..first the logic board,then lcd(twice in two months)the list is pretty long..thought I had a lemon,but the repeated visit to hp service made me realize that the series is in fact an orchard and naturally I got a lemon.
Even a service center guy told me that 90%of people who come for repair with in the first year have dv6 or dv4.
And the HP service is really very bad,they will lie to you at random,delay your repairs,will try to fool you in every way possible.
The 3 year extended warranty is a joke!Do you know anyone who bought it with dv6 from hp directly?It is a convoluted process and most of the service centers have no clue.
Their India website is a mess,they have changed the location in kolkata more than 1 year ago but the site shows the old address!!
No wonder they are packing up the hardware business(spin off or whatever fu*k you call it)
Look what have the done to Compaq and Palm!!
I will avoid HP like a plague.
P.S I am no Dell fanboy either.Except for the mighty thinkpad all other windows laptops are sh*t anyway!

red dragon

Master troll
^^It is not funny dude!Most members here are students..40-50k is lot of money for them,they deserve much better!!I sincerely hope the latest dv6 are better than the previous generations.

My roomate also has a HP and looking at his troubles for 3 months I inclined to XPS over DV6.

VFM is not when you buy a laptop . VFM is a broadminded term which does not mean that having a Faster GPU can curb all the problems .

@Red_Dragon : Dude , I agree with you completely . Dell are no awesome company but they are better than the rest and its logical choice on the long run .

pratik385

In the zone
oh sorry man, my post directed to vicky not you. Agree with you man. For sure they are students coz in job who gets the time to play gaming for hrs :/ im missing it

i was planning to get a MBP but due to programing softwares and tools ive to think about windows based !

kaz

right here
any info about the i7-2670qm?
i just know that its jst 0.20GHz faster.
anything else you know?

is there any problems i would get with the full hd xps 15?
will it put more stress on the gfx card?

will the text and icons size will be very small? because its only 15.6"

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
any info about the i7-2670qm?
I just know that its jst 0.20ghz faster.
Anything else you know?
nothing else. You can oc the 2630qm yourself.

is there any problems i would get with the full hd xps 15?
Will it put more stress on the gfx card?
no and yes
will the text and icons size will be very small? Because its only 15.6"
you can change the dpi

. .

adnan87

Broken In
@ red dragon

Ur rite. Even i have been reading these forums for couple of years.
I remeber the dv6 with 4650 gfx card, which ppl said have no heating issues and much better blah blah, but so manuy ppl faced issues with it in a year or so.

Then came new dv6 with 5650 gfx card, again ppl told similar things that heating issues wer resolved and so on. but even those faced probs.

Now this one new dv6 with 6770 gfx card, ppl are saying the same, dunno how far the prob has been resolved.

Hence i ask my friends to avoid dv6 or dv4 series.

Top Bottom