IIT-Kharagpur student gets Rs 70 lakh job offer from Facebook

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, this news is kinda old, but still worthy to be told.

Facebook on Friday recruited one of its addicts from India. The website, which recently logged its 500 millionth active citizen, made an offer of about Rs 70 lakh for a posting in the United States, which has created a buzz on all IIT campuses where annual placements are on. In the last three days, no other company, domestic or foreign, has come close to offering this kind of a compensation package.

More:
On the offer letter, officials from IIT-Kharagpur said Facebook offered a starting salary of $90,000, a relocation bonus of $10,000 and a one-time signing amount of $25,000 to the 21-year-old from Jamshedpur. But on the Kharagpur campus, students said DKS had also been offered ESOPs and the entire offer translates to about Rs 1.7 crore.
Source

Rs. 1.7 Crore :shock: Is that even possible, for a fresher!

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You seem to be right. All the brilliant minded people, are literally "bought" from our country. :(
This is just unfair to India!

R2K

In the Zone
That guy must be a walking super computer for sure.:shock::shock:
Imagine if he is getting this salary as a fresher what would he be earning when he get promoted to senior positions (which won't be difficult for someone like him)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
they allow themselves to be sold!

Just because they are getting crazy pay package and for every body, working in US is like a dream. But i myself never felt so. This way we can export more man power to developed countries and keep our self as developing country, forever.

R2K

In the Zone
but I heard american companies are firing their employees like hell these days. I just don't understand how Indians still gets their ass up there:D

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
such cases are very rare. and some companies make these kind of announcements just to grab attention. my younger brother is iit karagpur passout and reported no obscene packages to his junior or senior batch.

on the other hand, maybe this guy was worth it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I knew the story was old and ur source just confirmed it. The damn story is 6 months old. It was a huge talk at that time; all leading newspapers covered it.

What were u doing all these days?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I knew the story was old and ur source just confirmed it. The damn story is 6 months old. It was a huge talk at that time; all leading newspapers covered it.

What were u doing all these days?

^wasting time in TDF until the news finally reached here?

Well, for first I already had told that the news was kinda old! (first line of first post). And second, I didn't find any old thread for the same.
And third I was shocked, when somebody told me about this news today. So I searched and posted!

Btw, I heard, that apparently interviewer in this case, was impressed by his knowledge. One of the discussion included about how the student was able to find out hidden smilies of facebook!
That's just rumor, unless somebody confirm it! :(

sygeek

Technomancer
^I heard from a friend of mine saying that he discovered some kind of new set of smilies in the evening..The next he said that it just vanished.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Maybe the student in question here, is just fiddling around with them, in the San Francisco headquarters of FaceBook :lol:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^^ You seem to be right. All the brilliant minded people, are literally "bought" from our country. :(
This is just unfair to India!

they allow themselves to be sold!

As opposed to working for a "phoren company" in India?
Face it, most of the IT jobs here in India is just like working for American companies, just the difference being you end up living here and working for them as a cheapskate in comparison to your american counterparts.
And regarding "be sold". Bah. I'll bloody "sell myself" for that much money. You will too. Stop riding the high horse.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I again missed the thread!
Thats a very impressive number! Looks like facebook knows Indian enginners are no less!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, I'm not against India or Indian sentiments. But to be true, everyone would try to get the highest paying salary. If you people also get chance you'd also done that.

And why not?? They have struggled, they paid like hell to study and this institutes. They need to recover this too.

Leave that. Just think you work in a small company and then TCS, CTS like company comes to you. You'll leave the offer?? I don't think so.

Top Bottom