If WWE is fake why do so many ppl watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Movies, music, dancing, TV sitters, serials, shows. That's entertainment.

FYI, Sport is activity and best example is all sports channels comes under "sports & games" and movies/music/serial stuff come under entertainment category.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
U can't compare movies with WWE. We all know that movies are not real but WWE is like a reality show; It's a sport. So any form of "unreal" behaviour or "match fixing" will make it lose it's appeal. Just imagine trying to enjoy a reality show like "Indian Idol" or even a sport like cricket after being told that the results are fixed just for the sake of entertainment. Wouldn't u feel stupid watching it? But that's not the case with WWE. The wrestlers (or performers) openly profess that the show is scripted (I agree that the moves real) but there are so many people still watching it. Why is it so? I don't think ppl watch it for the moves. It sounds stupid. Maybe kids will enjoy it but there r so many grown ups,especially in the US who r such huge fans.
WWE is a reality show? Really? Who told you? Santa Claus? :lol:

As far as I know, it's sports entertainment. It's meant to entertain people & the best part of it is to make them believe it's real. We may have been fooled when we were teenagers watching it, as we were naive at that point. But now we have enough knowledge to know the truth. It's not like Indian Idol or American Idol. They only call those shows reality TV, do you know what the reality is? Have you ever seen what goes behind the camera? They only show you what they want to & not what you want them to.

Do you remember David Blaine magic? Do you actually believe he can lift himself off the ground? We all know that it's just tricks & at the end of the day he is the one behind the camera & we are miles apart from where he is. What's the guarantee the audience he confronts ain't been paid?

We all know it's fake, but we still watch his show (or some of us atleast). Why? Simple, it's fun watching it.

Similarly WWE, or formerly known as WWF, has it's own appeal to a set of audience. I would still continue watching it provided they bring back The Rock & Steve Austin. I'm still a fan of the show, but I hate what they have done to it now. I still play all their games. It's one sport which has really provided entertainment over the years. I don't care if it's fake, but it's solid entertainment. I used to love how The Rock would just mimick everyone on the show, Cena rapping, Austin raising hell, D-X & their silly antics, Undertaker's dark side etc. It's about how much fun you derive from the show.

I knew it was fake long back & that the moves and show is scripted. Do remember that the risks involved in this sport are very real. People really injure their selves when they fall off those steel cages, hell in a cell & TLC matches. Mankind is a prime example of one such disaster. He has earned his reputation in this arena. He has been put through some of the most torturous matches & still survived it.

People have a different tastes in having fun. Some like to taste the real feel of bungee jumping, while some enjoy watching it out at home. Wrestling for some may be inspirational. Body builders for example. I knew some of my friends who used to watch the show & got serious about working out & getting their bodies in shape. Then there were others who idolized The Rock so much, they got a Brahma Bull tattooed on their arms. Some even tried their moves & injured themselves. That is how much this sport has impacted. It's a mystery why it's so popular, but there's no denying it. It's here to stay. Just like every other sport.

amitash

Intel OCer
WWe is fake but if you look at it that way, even magicians are fake but why do we see them anyway? its just because we are impressed by their athleticism even though the punches are fake...

Rahim

Married!
The whole point should be the influence small kids have. Watching riske moves and over-the-top-nautanki of the "Superstars" is the core talking point. Then i have seen many youngsters talking & discussing who will win and what will happen as if the kids life depends on the outcome :D
To tell you what my 30 year mamu skipped the dinner when his fav wrestler lost :D :D
I still pull his leg over this episode and mami too laughs at his 4-tear old behaviour :D

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
if u dont like it,dont watch it.wwe has a audience of millions around the world paying to watch it.there is no entertainment show that can top what wwe has been doing for the last 2 decades.

and plz saying bring back stonecold,rock,etc. is foolish.its the show and athletes u love.superstars will always come and go.

ancientrites

In the zone
if u dont like it,dont watch it.wwe has a audience of millions around the world paying to watch it.there is no entertainment show that can top what wwe has been doing for the last 2 decades.

and plz saying bring back stonecold,rock,etc. is foolish.its the show and athletes u love.superstars will always come and go.

well said bro.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
kids love for WWE is understandable, but i don't how grown ups loves these dumb stunts shown in WWE,it doesn't matter if its fake or not but stunts are really dumb....its similar to some old hindi movie stunts:))

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If WWE is fake why do so many ppl watch it?
[size=+2]For the same reason SO MANY people watch cricket after the match fixing scandal[/size]

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
^does test cricket suck w/o sixes?u can watch the numerous kurt angle,chris benoit,shawn michaels,bret hart,ric flair matches and still adore them with only their technicality

OP
jxcess3891

jxcess3891

Evil mind
WWE is a reality show? Really? Who told you? Santa Claus? :lol:

Did Santa Claus tell u WWE was not a reality show? WWE has never officially said that the show is scripted. There have only been unofficial TV reports and stuff on the internet that showed ppl that the show was fake. But inspite of that ppl still watch it.

ancientrites

In the zone
@ jxcess3891
oh now common bro...obviously you are not trying to understand the term script.i myself diehard fan of wwe.no one over here has ever said punches,hitting with chairs,trashbin,dive,surflex,tombstone was fake.they are done cautiously.
yes wwe has never said it it was scripted but there are many sites that show taping for RW,SMACKDOWN,ECW AND TNA.that means showing result whats exactly going to happen in ADVANCE with each and every move that wrestler performs.this is only for house shows.it doesnt work all the time.
i hope you are aware of those sites.if those tapings arent script then what do you call them???

nix

When I used to see it, it was called WWF. I feel it was far more entertaining back then. Some of the knocks and falls looked very real. There were only fights and no talk. No scantily clad girls too; you could watch it with your parents around.

I don't know why people watch it now though.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Did Santa Claus tell u WWE was not a reality show? WWE has never officially said that the show is scripted. There have only been unofficial TV reports and stuff on the internet that showed ppl that the show was fake. But inspite of that ppl still watch it.

wow. that's true fan of WWE.

OP
jxcess3891

jxcess3891

Evil mind
@ jxcess3891
oh now common bro...obviously you are not trying to understand the term script.i myself diehard fan of wwe.no one over here has ever said punches,hitting with chairs,trashbin,dive,surflex,tombstone was fake.they are done cautiously.
yes wwe has never said it it was scripted but there are many sites that show taping for RW,SMACKDOWN,ECW AND TNA.that means showing result whats exactly going to happen in ADVANCE with each and every move that wrestler performs.this is only for house shows.it doesnt work all the time.
i hope you are aware of those sites.if those tapings arent script then what do you call them???

Let me make one thing, clear I know that sum of the moves and things like hitting with chairs is real and that the drama that occurs on stage is not. What I can't understand is how do ppl watch such a lamely scripted show? Why can't u just watch a gud movie instead?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
because it's better to watch WWE than to watch those idiotic movies that come in ZEE Cinema or Set max.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
When i was Kiddo and studying 8th standard.. I use to bunk my tution in order to watch WWE. Sometimes if i miss it i use to stick to NDTV or Star News with a hope that they will tell what happned. But they didn't showed. I use to get a doubt that time... " This is sport.. And why the news channels are neglecting it..." I started to surf the net and tried to figure out the true color of wwe........I found my self shouting, "DAMN IT'S SCRIPTED"

I gaveup the my dinner that night.. Knowing that the Kane removing mask when he lost to Triple H was scripted...

Eddie Gurrero Stole 30th place ticket of royal rumble from rick flair...is FAKE...

Brock Lesner and Undertaker disputes are fake....

Brock and Bigshow stage breaking match is fake....

lita's pregnency is fake.

Then, i get used to it.. I felt bad for 2 weeks. And stopped watching the shows...

Later i thought that....."hey, though it's scripted we don't know the script. That should make things intresting....."

And now when i see bigshow throwing Jhon Cena into a Search light....

Undertaker's victory against Shawn in WM25....

CM Punk becoming Champion unexpectedly.....

The only thing that came out of my mouth is ....... "MEH"

My request to the people who know that the WWE is scripted is,

Please don't tell any one that it is scripted. They can't stop watching if you tell that it is scripted. You only end up beeing ruining the kid's entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom