If Buying online - The drawbacks

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
If I buy my mobo online (@ buy.com, amazon.com) what will be the drawbacks as compared to buying from a vendor (@ Nehru Place).

Thanks.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Do amazon and buy even ship here? If they do, what about customs? Customs especially in Mumbai are a nuisance.

You can order from those sites via ICCworld.com but what's the point in saving 1-3k for a board that is available here and where you can avail 3 years warranty. If the price is a big difference and have access to RMA or something you dont get it, its fine- like how x58a-ud7 is far cheaper in newegg compared to local pricing.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You have Gigabyte, asus, etc. There are choices and there are good boards. As far as Rashi Mumbai's RMA experience goes, someone whom I know from another forum has a fresh experience that when he RMAed his p5q board and they didn't have in stock, they offered either a mid-end board or a credit note that he can take later.

Not that I am saying it applies to ALL rashi centres, but compared to many people (Mumbai btw), few improvements have being made. Someone RMAed their asus xonar essence STX so I should know the feedback soon. Besides, MSI's digilink (something like that) service rep is not consistent so you're at their mood's mercy as far as RMA goes.

Top Bottom