IEM in 2-3k

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Hey all, I need to buy a new IEM as the earphone provided with Moto G is crap. I am looking for something in 2-3k range.
The bass should be decent but should not be all over the range. The mids and highs should be clear. In short it should be a good balance between bass and treble with good sound quality.

I listen to Metallica, Creed, soft rock, LP and melodious Bollywood songs (not the crap Honey Singh ones). Will be using my phone only as of now and preferred player Poweramp.

My shortlist
Signature Acoustics c12
Tpeos Popular
Senheisser cx300ii precision

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Hey you are using it right? I read in a review that the mids and highs lack clarity. Is it true?

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Bought Signature Acoustics C12. Delivered today. And they are in one word awesome. Thanks guys. And [MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] thanks for the introduction to these great pair.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Bought Signature Acoustics C12. Delivered today. And they are in one word awesome. Thanks guys. And [MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION] thanks for the introduction to these great pair.

Mids feel blanketed due to the midbass hump. The bass is not that fast paced for my liking. Overall its good but around 2-2.2k now.
Why the prices have gone up now?

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Mids feel blanketed due to the midbass hump. The bass is not that fast paced for my liking. Overall its good but around 2-2.2k now.
Why the prices have gone up now?

This is an upgrade over stock earphones. So pretty good for me :p. I am not that a bass head but the bass is pretty good and to my liking. And I think this was priced at 2.7k from the very beginning.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
This is an upgrade over stock earphones. So pretty good for me :p. I am not that a bass head but the bass is pretty good and to my liking. And I think this was priced at 2.7k from the very beginning.

I guess the pricing 2.7k was with brass case??
I got mine for 2.2k in November 2013.
N-Joy these awesome Indian IEMs.

BTW these are the Bassier earphones with warmer midrange. For Non Bass heads like you should have looked somewhere else... ;)

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I guess the pricing 2.7k was with brass case??
I got mine for 2.2k in November 2013.
N-Joy these awesome Indian IEMs.

BTW these are the Bassier earphones with warmer midrange. For Non Bass heads like you should have looked somewhere else... ;)

I got the brass case one. I thought of T-peos popular, but after referring to Anirban and powerhoney decided on this. And am loving it.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
I got the brass case one. I thought of T-peos popular, but after referring to Anirban and powerhoney decided on this. And am loving it.

Tpeos Popular is definitely better that c12's. Only '-'ve point to consider is its somewhat harsh treble.

Best of T peos is T-Peos D200R as per joker. Not sure when it will arrive here but the next best T peos Rich which is better than popular is arriving soon in India. Both are valued around US $35.

I was bit of bored with all my IEM's especially C12 so just ordered BrainWavz R1 Dual Dynamic Earphone @ $24.55 from MP4Nation which are around US $44.50 normally.

OP
nomad47

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Tpeos Popular is definitely better that c12's. Only '-'ve point to consider is its somewhat harsh treble.

Best of T peos is T-Peos D200R as per joker. Not sure when it will arrive here but the next best T peos Rich which is better than popular is arriving soon in India. Both are valued around US $35.

I was bit of bored with all my IEM's especially C12 so just ordered BrainWavz R1 Dual Dynamic Earphone @ $24.55 from MP4Nation which are around US $44.50 normally.

Ah nice.

Top Bottom