IE:Problem with opening page

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmads

Journeyman
Hi all.. will appreciate comments on the following problem

Whenever I click on IE.. "www.serchforfree.info" comes as the opening page. I go to options and change my opeing page to something else but next time when I log on to IE I see the same "www.searchforfree.info" It has became most irritating.

Will appreciate help on this.Thanks in advance

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
dude...wrong section!!! come on man use ur common sense. Did you not see the Q & A section below this ??? Post it there !!!

Secondly you have spyware on your system. Download Adaware and run it do a complete system scan. It should get rid of your problems.

And please post it in the right sections!!!

anandk

Distinguished Member
your browser has been hijacked.
run ms anti-spy, adaware or spybot.
open your ie>intenet options>homepage>change to about:blank
lock your home page, using one of the above anti-spys. :)

Nimda

l33t n00b!
A case of browser hijacking. Download Hijackthis from here and click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile". Now in the notepad window that opens, copy its entire contents and paste it here (as a post in this thread).

We'll try to provide the solution based on the problems we find in the log file.

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman
Thankyou icecoolz,anandk,nimda for your inputs. I am getting the idea.

I have downloaded AdAware from the net. Will this suffice. It seems being a free version it does not have all features. Can you comment on this.

anandk can you tell how to Lock the home page

Thanks again

anomit

In the zone
Well, use SpyBot or MS AntiSpyware or StartPage Guard to lock ur home page and search page. Personally I dont recommend StartPage Guard. It would give headaches to novices. MS Antispyware is recommended for browser locking. And for better, change to FireFox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom