Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

Can anyone tell me which of the 2 mentioned above are better secured and user friendly an.. in short which of the 2 is better?

What are the advantages of the one over the other?

Aditya

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Well.....firefox over IE....for various reasons....IE is nothing compared to firefox........Firefox and Opera are the best....

anandk

Distinguished Member
ahem, i STILL use ie actually ! not exactly, but MAXTHON, which is an ie based browser. i decided on it after using 'em all. so i suggest u try out Maxthon, firefox and opera atleast, for say a week each, and decide on one, depending on ur comfort level with each.

bukaida

In the zone
IE with all the latest patches is probably the best in terms of site compatibility
Browsers specially opera has a gr8 deal of compatibility issue with many sites.As an example
open this site with both IE and opera-
*www.indianrailways.gov.in/
and see the difference.

Last edited:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
U can use opera as it is the safest browser. Opera does have problems in renderring some sites, u can open it in IExplore.
But, use firefox, opera and ie to see wat suits ur needs. As of me I am in love with Opera.

knight17

In the zone
IE is good you will get all features except if you can use avant browser it runs on top of IE.
so install ie7 and all latest patches...
you are ready to go..FF is a system hog...Other option is Opera....I use it

bukaida

In the zone
I have the screen shots of the same site in IE6 and Opera9.The difference is clear. The left panel is completely missing in opera.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Obviously don't use IE. Its piece of horsedung! rated 8th on the list of WORST tech products ever!!

Between opera and firefox, my preference goes overwhelmingly to Opera. Firefox no doubt is awesome but only with extensions, if you don't plan to use extensions then simply go for Opera, otherwise try both.

As for 'site compatibility' , do this in opera

Rightclick > site pref > cookies > delete cookies(manually) > network tab > mask as internet exploder .

Now the site will become 'compatible' . Note that this option really hurts Opera, coz the site thinks that its actually IE, hence hurting Opera's market share.

Example of the stupid indianrailways.gov.in site working in Opera:
*h1.ripway.com/chesss/sniffing1.png

Last edited:

killerz

MasterMind
firefox is the best it loads text faster ,n if any site requires only ie then u can use the ie extention,that does it plus there are many other usefull extentions too which will make ur work more faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom