IE Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Please go through the screenshot.
how to enable the script on the page. Please look the X mark page, i.e the page is uable to load the script. There is no msg on the page ? Hence I am unable to solve the problem. Any one can open the page www.bseindia.com
put any company's BSE stock code and press ENTER. click on the company code and see the script is opening or not.

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t1576646_untitled.JPG

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually those are Java applets not the Java scripts. You need to install Java Runtime Environment. It is available here: *javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=12798

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
As far as I know Java Run Time is already running in the system. Will you please tell me how to check its existance ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as I know Java Run Time is already running in the system. Will you please tell me how to check its existance ?
Go to control panel and see wether do you have something called Java there??

Also, I guess this is the latest version so it will be better if you upgrade.......

Even try using Firefox.......

anandk

Distinguished Member
where is the screenshot?
can open the webpage, btw.
maybe yr java script is disabled...

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Go to control panel and see wether do you have something called Java there??

Also, I guess this is the latest version so it will be better if you upgrade.......

Even try using Firefox.......
Yes there it is. Java Standard Edition 6 is installed.

I tried also in FireFox. But there is also same problem.
Is it opening at your system ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Wait lemme try.........

In IE7, I got the orange coloured Java splash screen and then nothing appeared on the screen. Same happened in Firefox. Here is the screenshot:
*img172.imageshack.us/img172/9493/bseindiaok1.th.jpg

I guess there is a problem with the site itself........

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Now I think my doubt is clear, will you try it during day time when BSE is open for trading ? (10.00AM to 4.00PM) If page is displayed during that time than OK and please confirm it here. I cant do the test because during that time I stay at office where net is not available.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now I think my doubt is clear, will you try it during day time when BSE is open for trading ? (10.00AM to 4.00PM) If page is displayed during that time than OK and please confirm it here. I cant do the test because during that time I stay at office where net is not available.
Fine, I'll try and post........

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
BSEIndia works fine on my system any time. The cross sign in your screenshot means that either Java is disabled on your system or you are using a non existent java virtual machine ..

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t1576934_bseindia.jpg

As I cant find any pc near me which is running IE6, you'll have to search for the settings yourself .. Try Tools > Internet Options . Click on Advanced tab .. Java should be there .. Check the settings ..
Also, check the network setting in Java control panel .. This should be in Control Panel > Java ... Or Start > Run > javacpl.cpl {Press Enter} .. If you are using a direct connection to internet, specify the same in javacpl ..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I don't know why isn't it working in my system. Javascript is also enabled and JVM is also working perfectly fine as I program in Netbeans.

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Problem solved. I Updated the IE7 and restart the system. Opened that problem page. This time it appears with Java Trade mark, I click on it and the applet/script appears.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It also got opened for me in Firefox.....
*img182.imageshack.us/img182/7026/openedfi0.th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom