identify this problem please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
i buyed acer laptop 5740g with 1 gb ati mobility radeon 5650 graphics card yesterday .

but i am getting screens like this while playing counter strike / gta or even sometimes at windows .

i have windows 7 home premium .

the screen comes but when i refresh it , it becomes normal again but it keeps coming after some minutes . i have the latest drivers . what is this problem ?

*i49.tinypic.com/2643z2p.jpg
*i48.tinypic.com/2me1wzt.jpg
*i48.tinypic.com/k98kde.jpg

otpsurvive

Broken In
Try Updating to AMD Catalyst 10.2, which might help. It’s also packed with several features that fall outside the standard crop of bug fixes and performance enhancements.

You can download it from
*game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

CA50

Cyborg Agent
try updating the drivers as otpsurvive has suggested. Your drivers may be broken.

OP
rajeshjsl

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
its a laptop bro and i have the latest drivers , i have catalyst but i cant find what version it is it shows version like 2009.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx and not like 10.2 or 10.1

i even downgraded to drivers but no effect , again updated to latest drivers .

have they made a faulty laptop ?

man its only 2 days i got my new lappy and i am worried .

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Relax.
Please download this utility. GPU-Z. Google it. Post a screen shot of the first tab here.
Thanks.

OP
rajeshjsl

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
^^
Relax.
Please download this utility. GPU-Z. Google it. Post a screen shot of the first tab here.
Thanks.

gup-z

*i46.tinypic.com/o9e429.jpg

here , should i go and contact them ? its only 2 days , maybe they will give me another one and send this one to company ?

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
yeah... its better u go to the service center and ask them to check this out... It might also be the problem with the RAM... so better get it checked at service center...

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
@rajeshjsl; a screenshot of the sensors tab be useful. We want to know the temps too. I dont think that should be a problem but then also. Else, go to the shop directly and show this to him. Don't worry :)

OP
rajeshjsl

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
the gpu temperature is always greater than 50 degree and less than 60 degree , even i play game but game lasts oly 5-10 minutes and this screen comes , then i have to alt+tab and go to windows and come back , then it becomes fine again .

while in counter strike this screen flashes for a second every 30-40 seconds and goes and after some minutes the screen goes blank and lappy hangs . lappy always hangs in counter strike .

its not about only games

when i play videos , the screen flashes and goes .

the same is with windows too , but in windows i have to refresh .

the lappy is only 2 days old . i havn't even installed anything and i noticed a little red/green thing when i opened the lappy for the first time but ignored it .

windows has hanged in that pixel state 3-4 times man .

i am going today where i buyed it i.e acer mall bangalore m.g road

donno what they will say , in my opinion its a display problem either the chipset or the gpu .
because whenever anything related to graphics happens , this screen surelfy flashes .
man its only 2 days old !

i know the acer mall guy will revert back to factory settings but problem will continue and then they will send it to acer service center , i mean wtf i just buyed a laptop and if its faulty its not my faulty and i will have to wwait like a month before it comes repaired , i donno whether even it will be rapaired or not .

will the acer guys replace my laptop ?
i donno , man wtf i am pissed off .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom