Identify genuine battery for acer lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi..

As I am going for new acer lappy .. 4530 .. most probably it will be available tomorrow or day after tomorrow.. but there is one glitch..
I first went to Acer Distributor of my Area.. after lots of negotiations he ended up Rs. 31300 well.. not satisfied.. I check various other vendors and finally one vendor was able to give it for Rs.29500 , though he will give tomorrow.. and guess what .. this vendor is providing lappy from me from that distributor only..

so while negotiations with Distributor, he said I won't get less price (31300) than one he is providing and if someone does then most probably with duplicate battery..

Now since a vendor is providing it for 29500 through very same distributor I am in doubt if the distributor or either vendor are cooking up something.... which I doubt on battery (but still only a little, but its better to be precautious now then sorry later)..

So guys.. what things I can do to make sure and verify that I am provided with original Lappy stuff
PS: I have already given advance for the lappy to the vendor as it's no where in stock so will get one for me only.

Where do you stay ? I am looking around for the exact same laptop in bangalore.

Anybody has had any experience in refusing license for windows vista, so that 3K to 4K can be saved from laptop cost ? I don't want to buy vista since I am waiting for Windows 7.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@ricky...

Just take a new sealed box man.chill.

The price difference is all abt the profit margins nothing else.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Where do you stay ? I am looking around for the exact same laptop in bangalore.

Anybody has had any experience in refusing license for windows vista, so that 3K to 4K can be saved from laptop cost ? I don't want to buy vista since I am waiting for Windows 7.
Well, when I visited Acer distributor, he had price list from ACER and in that almost every model was available with and without Vista with separate cost.. difference was of around 2K for Linux OS.

PS I am from Agra

@ricky...

Just take a new sealed box man.chill.

The price difference is all abt the profit margins nothing else.

Thats I am worried, here most of the things are not sealed packed and excuse is that customer want to see hence we have to open.. since it will have only one piece then I worry if I may had to compromise..

Lets see, now I will get tomorrow..

Last edited:

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
R u getting genuine Vista OS on the Acer laptop by paying 2k extra?? And will the distributor give the Original Vista DVD along?? Ask him...

^^But does he give you a licenced DVD of Vista with it for the 2K extra ? Because it seems worth it. Perhaps you could buy it and sell it at market price, i.e, 4K :D

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^I don't think it would be the original dvd which is sold if you buy from a retailer. And if it's that one which is provided by computer manufacturer (OEM version), you can't install it on other sytem.

^^I don't think it would be the original dvd which is sold if you buy from a retailer. And if it's that one which is provided by computer manufacturer (OEM version), you can't install it on other sytem.

From what I remember about OEM, windows oem installs legally only on the first computer its installed in. But what if I never install with the DVD ?

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^But aren't the DVDs provided with computers by manufacturer locked to run with only that particular Motherboad/BIOS model?

^^But aren't the DVDs provided with computers by manufacturer locked to run with only that particular Motherboad/BIOS model?

Really ? Thats unfair. Really unfair.

Anyway, I was browsing through prices, and I found this laptop at 619$ in NewEgg.com WITH windows vista :eek:.
Its damn cheap in the US.

somebody postthe specs of acer 4530
AMD Athlon X2 <forgot_name> CPU, 1.9GHz and 65nm Fabrication.
NVidia GeForce 9100 onboard Graphics.
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz RAM.
160GB 5400RPM HDD.
14" Screen at 1280x800 native resolution.

A quick google search also got me to this useful page:

*www.newtechnology.co.in/acer-aspire-4530-reviewspecsprice-in-india/

Last edited:
OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Its one 1 GB RAM
Processor is :
ADM Athlon 64X2 QL-60

I own that machine now.. however upgraded RAM to 3 GB

Status