IDE & LAN appearing in Safely Remove Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

george101

Good Boy
i had installed vista sp2 on my home premium and it ran without any problems, till i had formatted and installed again. this time after installing vista sp1 home premium , i immedietely installed sp2 rc and then installed all the drivers. now the 2 ide channels and my realtek pci-e gigabit ethernet nic are apperaing in safely remove hardware in the taskbar. i installed vista again just like before and the same problem. wat shud i do to get rid of them?

Last edited:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
:shock::shock:In the Startmenu or in the Taskbar??:lol::lol:

BTW what is the problem if it comes like that. There is no harm done, just don't remove them. ;-)

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Try one thing remove them and restart. If they are detected reinstall them.
I told you this because I saw in one of my friend's laptops that he has got a 'Safely remove hardware' icon of memory card in the taskbar but he has got no memory card installed.

Let it be yaar, it is not harming you.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
^ I had seen this type of error coming in one of my friend's lappy...I think it's due to the fact that sometimes wrong or incorrect driver installation might lead windows to detect it as USB device...

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^^ But if it was so, it would tell that that the hardware is not working properly and a ! sign will be there in the Device Manager. But he has not told any such issue.

@george101 - Go in the Device Manager tab and check if any yellow exclamation mark is there besides any installed hardware. Also try to uninstall all the root hubs and reboot. Reinstall them after restarting.

OP
george101

george101

Good Boy
wel there is no exclamation mark or anything of the sort in the device manager. i also tried reinstalling and also installed vista twice. stil no luck

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Here are two websites which may help you though.....

*www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp/69996-sata-safely-remove-hardware.html

*www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-...-Remove-Hardware-Icon-from-start-up-menu.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom