Icse Vs Cbse

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
ICSE ftw :p it has syllabus based on Cambridge University and has a good reputation worldwide.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Both suck in terms of quality of education but depends on school

im from cbse...felt ok...

icse is more worse........

s_arka_r

Broken In
I've studied in ICSE upto 10th, n CBSE for my +2....
It depends on wat u want to call good...
I mean ICSE is tougher than CBSE so puts u under a lot of pressure...
So, i think CBSE is better, it gives me more free tym....

utsav

damn busy...
Yeah ICSE is way tougher than CBSE. and is way too detailed which gives a good base to a student.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
I've studied in both mediums - CBSE from the 1st to the 8th and ICSE from then on. IMO, CBSE has a lot more theory while ICSE places a lot more emphasis on practical work. For some reason, Hindi under CBSE was frackin difficult to score while ICSE was pretty easy, possibly due to the slightly more lenient scoring system. However, the option to learn French in the CBSE system was a vital plus while Accounts under ICSE was quite boring to be honest. The fact that ICSE is slightly easier is evidenced by my annual % graph - I went down to 80% in the 8th grade but shot back up to 95% in ICSE.

utsav

damn busy...
I've studied in both mediums - CBSE from the 1st to the 8th and ICSE from then on. IMO, CBSE has a lot more theory while ICSE places a lot more emphasis on practical work. For some reason, Hindi under CBSE was frackin difficult to score while ICSE was pretty easy, possibly due to the slightly more lenient scoring system. However, the option to learn French in the CBSE system was a vital plus while Accounts under ICSE was quite boring to be honest. The fact that ICSE is slightly easier is evidenced by my annual % graph - I went down to 80% in the 8th grade but shot back up to 95% in ICSE.

learning french is also an option in ICSE .it depends on the school which subjects they are offering. I had 7 subjects in ISC 10+2 and also 4 books in english instead of the standard 2 books prescribed by the counsil. My neighbour guy in CBSE had just 5 subjects and used to get lot more free time to enjoy.
And the theory quality is way better in ICSE.

Rahim

Married!
ICSE gives marks to students like khairaat. Freemein le jao. Even average students score in higher 80s. If you go through the school's marks of ICSE students, all they get is 55-60. But the moment they give thier Board's exams..they eng up getting 85-90 :shock: I am not kealous of their marks but a little angry where high marks should be for really merit students not for any champu. Got my point. It pains to see stupid students, who doent study at all, being reqrded so kindly ubder ICSE.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
ICSE better? Yeah i've seen the "herd" of books they have to carry and read.

CBSE is loads better off than ICSE for sure.

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
I studied in ICSE till 12th. I don't know anything about CBSE but one thing about ICSE is they are very liberal while giving marks..at least till 10th.

My science coaching master in 11th said that ICSE is much tougher than CBSE but my friends in CBSE deny that:neutral::neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom