Icons Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Hey guys,
I am developing my last year project in VC#.

I want the images of vista's close button(red one) in normal as well as in mouse over mode.

Also same for the minimize and maximize.

If someone can provide me that icons or tutorial to create it.

OP
ruturaj3

ruturaj3

Journeyman
no i required glowing images.
If i take screenshot then the mouse pointer will apper on the image.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
First take one screen keeping pointer at one end nd other with on other end.
Cut the gud halfs nd merge. Simple dude

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I am noob in this. Nyway why dun u cut from screenshots?
Yeah, even of you don't have Vista installed on your PC, you may google for its screenshots. There are plenty over the internet!

no i required glowing images.
If i take screenshot then the mouse pointer will apper on the image.
The pointer disappears when you press Print Screen button!

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
@shenoy: u can use ebook compiler :
EBook Maestro FREE 1.80
A Windows-based FOSS solution
Windows-based shareware for creating .chm files, such as Angel Writer and GridinSoft Notepad, is relatively common, but beyond the scope of this article. The only FOSS .chm generator that is anywhere near ready for prime time is HelpMaker.
Unlike AurigaDoc or DocBook, HelpMaker offers the graphical interface that Windows users expect. If the editing window looks crude compared to RoboHelps, it is at least familiar to its target audience. More to the point, HelpMaker includes functions such as a search and replace function for Unicode -- which HTML Help doesn't support -- and dialogs for assigning Topic IDs and keywords to additional pages. Like RoboHelp, it also manages files destined for the same .chm file in a project tree view.
Its only eccentricity is its definition of styles. These are not the styles you would expect in a word processor-like program like HelpMaker, but font characteristics such as the weight, alignment, and position. Even more strangely, these characteristics are placed, apparently randomly, into two sub-menus labeled Styles 1 and Styles 2.
The one drawback to HelpMaker is that its exact status is unclear. The project's SourceForge page lists its license as the GPL. However, the online help for the software lists the product as freeware. The help also contains a section entitled Why Not Open Source that suggests that the product was withdrawn because of lack of community support and negative comments. Yet above that section is an unofficial license that reads like an informal version of the GPL. To deepen the mystery, the SourceForge page does not contain source code, and, while the product's home page contains a link to a more recent build, a link on the page to a newsgroup no longer works. Nothing else is on the home page, nor do the developers listed on SourceForge respond to email.
This uncertainty makes HelpMaker as unsatisfactory a solution as AurigaDoc or DocBook. In theory, if it were ever released under the GPL, its code would be available for other developers, but locating it might be a challenge.
*www.linux.com/articles/47394

OP
ruturaj3

ruturaj3

Journeyman
I hav collected the icons(from windowBlinds) but don't know how to get that glow effect
can anyone know how to do that ?
I hav attached all the files.
Please reply fast..

Regards,
RUTURAJ

V

vaibhavtek

I hav collected the icons(from windowBlinds) but don't know how to get that glow effect
can anyone know how to do that ?
I hav attached all the files.
Please reply fast..

Regards,
RUTURAJ

i think u must use program which make animation and place them in order and compile to make one beautiful file.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ruturaj3

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Re:Glass Effect

I hav asked one of my friend to create those icon, now i want the glass effect as well as transparency in my application.

My app will run on win2000, xp and vista.

can anyone knows about adding glass effect in VC# app.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Is here any one who knows photoshop well ?
I think he can have idea how to add that glow :)

You need to change the Blending options of the layer containing button image. Fot that double-click the layer in PS and choose Outer Glow. Play with and you will get the required effect. Thats the simplest way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom