icons load real slow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
recently i installed crystal xp.i use style xp along with it.....
the icons now load very slowly n so the pc has probaBLY slowed down....
tell me how to correct this or should i uninstall crystal xp... i have win XP pro...256mb ram....1.8 GHz p4...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Use ths tool called GAME XP and off the cosmetic setting change setting before u run it to speed up ur comp,

It really helps

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
for a 256MB RAM / P4 - 1.8 .... my suggestion is to uninstall stylexp
it's quite a resource hogger !

-----
alibi

Biplav

In the zone
well try reducing the icon cache; this wont exactly sove the prob entirely but will definitely reduce the time taken.

expertno.1

Technomancer
use tweakui and reduce the cache

make the windows c ahce it to "system performance"

disable the windows eyecandy

anandk

Distinguished Member
i have the same config winxp.sp2, 256 mb ram. and use crystalxp and stylexp too. :)

but if u'v installed crystalxp, u dont need to have stylexp running in the background. in case u want to change the default crystalxp icon set, use stylexp to change the icon set, and then disable it completely. remove it from the start up.

also suggest save on other xp un-required resources. click
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24598&highlight=
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21415&highlight=

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
I am running a program called SysMatrix allowing me to see how often my games are using way more RAM than I ever thought possible. Computers these days are equipped 128MB and up. RAM is temporary storage, when the computer is turned off or restarted, anything in RAM is erased. RAM is actually a physical chip inside the computer.

When running Star Wars Galaxies, the system often uses more than 900MB of RAM . Everquest II does exactly the same thing. Now I know the game will only allocate up to 750MB of RAM but this doesn't account for the RAM that is used for HDD activity and other things that might be going on in the background.

I have quite often had people tell me that RAM can't possibly be slowing down their PC, I have 1GB! But if Windows XP is only been left with less than 100MB of RAM , expect some pretty serious slow downs in your gaming experience! In the two games I have tested so far, Star Wars Galaxies and Grant Theft Auto, both have given me similar results. You get slow downs and pauses when using only 1GB of RAM and they are almost 100% eliminated when you go to 2GB. So today boys and girls, it's 2GB for the win on anything that has large maps and lots of models - ie. most large world games.

D

deadman

Edit[Nemesis]: Please refrain from flaming and/or direct personal attacks. Maintain proper decorum on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom