Icecast problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I wanted to install Icecast on my Suse Linux machine. Now I dont know the version of it but it shows 1586 something so I think it might be 9. Now the catch is i dunno how to install Icecast on my machine so if any1 havein the knowledge pls share it coz I have to submit it as my project. Thanks

Also pls suggest me a name for my project. My project consists of a Server in Tux that provides net access, shares disk space and streams audio for win and tux machines. Pls suggest me a name im too noob in naming conventions.

OP
djmykey

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ok since no one knows how to install Icecast I got it installed (man that was easy). So now I want to know how to install anything off the net that is yum has it in Fedora I wanted to know what does that thing in Suse and what are the commands that are to be issued for that.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
djmykey said:
I wanted to install Icecast on my Suse Linux machine. Now I dont know the version of it but it shows 1586 something so I think it might be 9. Now the catch is i dunno how to install Icecast on my machine so if any1 havein the knowledge pls share it coz I have to submit it as my project. Thanks
Just an apt-get install icecast-client icecast-server got IceCast installed on my system.

djmykey said:
Also pls suggest me a name for my project. My project consists of a Server in Tux that provides net access, shares disk space and streams audio for win and tux machines. Pls suggest me a name im too noob in naming conventions.
Your server tries to do everything, i am not sure what name you can give it. However you might want to install the following daemons to accomplish your task.

1) Net Access : Install Squid.
2) Share disk space. Install NFS server. After installing NFS server you might want to install NIS service also, which provides user authentication management from a single place.
3) Streaming? Install icecast. I haven't done much R&D with this.

OP
djmykey

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Thanks GNU I'm thinking of naming my project as SoHo Server in Linux. Thanks for that apt command also m8 u r da best.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
but APT works on Debian only. And you're running SuSE.

ps: you'll get email support from me if you are using Debian.
Note: conditions apply

OP
djmykey

djmykey

Let the music play.....
cmon man isnt there anything else i can do with this suse or do u ppl think i must go back to fc3. but my probs are that i cant get my shares working with fc3 ie samba so thats why im on suse. Pls suggest me something fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom