iBeats IEM by Monster; How are they?

Sarath

iDota
I recently saw this pair at the Dubai Duty free for Rs.5836/- (after conversion)
I was pondering for the 3hours I had, as to whether to get them or not.

iBeats Headphones with ControlTalk - Beats by Dr. Dre by Monster

*www.beatsbydre.com/images/products/5933/glam_ibeats.png

My problem was:
1) I have heard about their sound quality online a lot but never from any user or its worth in money terms.
2) It has a mic and volume controls and is promoted as usage for idevices. I know its bearings but since I only need the phones I know like all other iaccessories I was paying around ~1k extra just for that mic feature.
3) Also my previous experience with CX180 Senn has been very good and satisfying. If this doesn't improve on it then it will cause a lot of heartburn for the extra moolah paid.
4) Since IEMs are misused a lot they tend to die after rough usage. Honestly after the initial honeymoon period even this would be subjected to domestic violence and would cause much heartburn again if they fail on me. ~6k is a lot of money.

Point 3) and 4) were made by my bro right when I had flipped my wallet open to buy them. My hands involuntarily returned my money bag into my pants.

So I want to know if they are good. Has anyone used them or their friends have?

Why I chose them: Look good, saw them in LMFAO music video :-D "Party Rock Anthem", from the same company that makes Monster Turbine.

On another note:
I saw Monster Turbine pro gold IEMs for ~16k

In Italy I saw:
Monster Turbine €150
Klipsch S4i €100
Klispch x10i €280 [all overpriced] ;but never saw any monster IEMs before.

The main reason I am not looking online is I prefer buying locally or in store.

Top Bottom