iball lpe223-400 for amd phenom 2 925

Status
Not open for further replies.

saswat23

Human Spambot
OP, [img]*img.tfd.com/cde/_PSCONN.JPG[/img]
The right one is a molex power connector, the left one is floppy drive power connsctor.

This should be helpful for you:
*www.computer-hardware-explained.com/images/computer-power-cables-labeled-2.jpg

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ OT: Source of these pictures?
These are good enough for every beginner to understand. I'm going to bookmark these type of pics.

smartmind0007

Broken In
thanx for the valuable info mates.. :) my smps has only one 4-pin peripheral power connector that can power only one ide hdd at a time.. but i need to plug in a 2nd (ide) one.

now this is something new, i dont know whats wrong, but my pc turns off around 5 secs after i power on. then i have to switch it on again.. this happens for about 2-3 times till my pc gets going. (this has been going on around quiet some time) i think this may be the 204w smps thats causing the prob.

i went to the mechanic and he says that new smps worth 850 bucks (this is my sisters pc, and her budget is too less for a branded psu) also has only one molex ide power connector.. and he is going to fix an additional molex connector for the 2nd hdd.. your views pls..

IndianRambo

In the zone
850 bucks for desi psu? no way either spend more to get brand psu or else find yourself it will cost less then 500/-

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for a desi PSu VIP is good - for a cheaper alternative you can look for Zebronics Sata Power Plus 450 or for 1k try to get a colorsit PSU.

smartmind0007

Broken In
for a desi PSu VIP is good - for a cheaper alternative you can look for Zebronics Sata Power Plus 450 or for 1k try to get a colorsit PSU.
now the mechanic says he misunderstood me.. there is only one ide power connector in the new smps too and he cant attach any extension. i very much needed the extra 40gb space by connecting the 2nd ide hdd. is there any solution to this?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Need complete info about the PSU you are using.
You are it have one 4 pin molex connector. I can't understand whether it gives you any scope for extension or not.
Or you can always use one male to two female molex connector, or if you didn''t find that in the market, you can make one at your home.

smartmind0007

Broken In
Need complete info about the PSU you are using.
You are it have one 4 pin molex connector. I can't understand whether it gives you any scope for extension or not.
Or you can always use one male to two female molex connector, or if you didn''t find that in the market, you can make one at your home.

sorry, my bad.. actually it has two ide 4pin connectors.. i have connected both the hdds successfully to the same old psu. many thanx for the generous support.. thumbs up mates.. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ lol .. those are called molex power connector and IDE port and cable is used only onmotherboard/IDE expansion card and IDE HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom