I want to start my programming journey with Python .

RahulB

Journeyman
Swaroop CH book is good, use learn python the hard way website.

Swaroop CH book is good, use learn python the hard way website.

@vi

Journeyman
Python is the MOST awesome & beautiful language :)

Python 2 - *www.ibiblio.org/swaroopch/byteofpython/files/120/byteofpython_120.pdf

Pyhton 3 - *www.swaroopch.com/files/byteofpython/byte_of_python_v192.pdf

Few more FREE awesome python books :

1. Dive into python - *diveintopython.nfshost.com/toc/index.html

2. How to think like a computer scientist - *www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkCSpy/thinkCSpy.pdf

3. Python 101 - Python 101 -- Introduction to Python

4. Learn python the hard way - Learn Python The Hard Way, 2nd Edition — Learn Python The Hard Way, 2nd Edition

5. The python tutorial - The Python Tutorial — Python v2.7.3 documentation

6. Think python - *www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.pdf

Any interested guy should start with the first links I'd given. #1 book, would be next. Books #2 , #4 & #7 have the best examples / problems.

digit.sh

Journeyman
Python is the MOST awesome & beautiful language :)

Python 2 - *www.ibiblio.org/swaroopch/byteofpython/files/120/byteofpython_120.pdf

Pyhton 3 - *www.swaroopch.com/files/byteofpython/byte_of_python_v192.pdf

Few more FREE awesome python books :

1. Dive into python - *diveintopython.nfshost.com/toc/index.html

2. How to think like a computer scientist - *www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkCSpy/thinkCSpy.pdf

3. Python 101 - Python 101 -- Introduction to Python

4. Learn python the hard way - Learn Python The Hard Way, 2nd Edition — Learn Python The Hard Way, 2nd Edition

5. The python tutorial - The Python Tutorial — Python v2.7.3 documentation

6. Think python - *www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.pdf

Any interested guy should start with the first links I'd given. #1 book, would be next. Books #2 , #4 & #7 have the best examples / problems.

Python is good but not the best. But yes, its probably the easiest language for a beginner.

RoyalPain

Right off the assembly line
edX.org ( a collaboration of MIT,Berkely, Harvard and others) offers free online courses. One of them Introduction to Computer Programmng (Course no. 6.00x I think) teaches Python from basics and also its applications in various fields. You also get a certificate on passing the course. The course usually starts every year in October and extends till Jan.

where we use python...mean this is a programming language developed for web development, desktop application development or for mobile application development ..?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Since you are a beginner you neednt bother too much about it.
Python is largely used like a scripting language. But its much more powerful than that. For example google's appspot lets you host websites powered by python.
But the reason I'd like you to go with python is because it'll let you appreciate the programming concepts better than most other languages IMO.
Watch out for python 3.0 BTW, its got some major changes as compared to the earlier versions.

Top Bottom