i want to buy a Washing Machine for 1st time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hi friends, i want to buy a Washing Machine for my home (5 members), i'm so confused which machine to buy. As i've never used before. My budget is Rs.10,000. please suggest a value for money washing machine of any brand. I realy dont know that semi-automatic is good or automatic. My mom says, semi-automatic covers more space, and we live in a appartment. So u guys tell me what should i check before buying, like which features should important?

Reply soon.............

-- Ravi

acewin

Point Blanc
again will say check models online from manufacturer's websites
also you can check this listing Compare India -- Washing machine

your mom is right semi-automatic covers more space, because they have two compartments. semi-automatic have second box for drying where in automatic it can be done in same box/compartment
you need to look capacity, automatic/semi-automatic, features which the manufacturer is marketting. You will need to go to shops to check models. where do you live. malls and stores like Croma are best place to check them

in 10-11K you can find LG/Samsung and other manufacturer's budget models of automatic washing machine. A basic 6-7 litre model will suit you

mumblehere

On The Game
fully automatic is good any day. we have to transfer clothes to dryer in semi, need more space, need more water. fully automatic pressurizes clothes rather than spinning vigorously.

ifb fully automatic costs from 15k onwards. im using ifb for 7 years now, without any prbm as of yet.

Last edited:

amohit

Broken In
For a family of 5, you better take a 7/9 kg model. I doubt if you can get a fully automatic one in your budget. Wirlpool, Samsung, IFB are some of the better brands. We have got a samsung fully automatic one and it has been serving us good since last 7 years.

Regards,
Mohit

acewin

Point Blanc
i have seen 6 litre models starting from 9
I just checked them yesterday, samsung LG videocon whirlpool models in range of 9-11K all 6 or 6.5 litre models.

will be going again tomorrow, I am checking steam irons :p

Last edited:

Scott274

Broken In
Make sure the top cover lid is transparent, watching the clothes go round and round can be fun and very informative sometimes :oops:

kaudey

Journeyman
Hmmm...this is something I am seeing for the first time in a computer discussion forum. But then again...our PCs and Laptops also need some cleanup every now and then:rofl::rofl::hyper:

ikkru

Broken In
if you can stretch your budget to around 2K i think you can get a FRONT LOAD Samsung but with only 5KG capacity. i have one, which i bought one year back (15K that time).

Sarath

iDota
You seem to have completely ruled out front loading machines but I myself have less knowledge about them so I wont get into that. However they tend to get locked in case of a powercut. Which means you cannot take out the clothes if the power goes off midway through the washing cycle. Sometimes stagnating the clothes in water, which is bad.

For top loading. I recommend an automatic too. Apart from functional differences it will save you mom or whoever is involved in household chores a lot of effort(clothes transfer).

Cant recommend any. But can say this for sure: Do not buy whirlpool. Have two of these. [Dont ask why] both developed a false door open beeping problem. Fixed by the tech but keeps recurring.

Dad has an LG one which is still going good so I can say you can look at them among your other choices.

lm2k

Journeyman
buy fully automatic only and only if u have plenty of water(soft) easily available,since a automatic washing machine consumes more soft water and detergent than semi automatic.

i m using videocon semiautomatic 6.5 kg (something of the feather touch era) it has digital buttons and timer as that seen on fully automatic ones, but after about 9years of really rough use the PCB of my machine started giving troubles like alarm at incorrect time and almost no control over drier and know this that i really had great trouble in getting new PCB that could run my machine. my technician told me that things would have been easier and cheaper if it had a spring timer instead of digital,constant exposure to water had made that PCB bad even if it had a thick rubber coat.
and now my machine has completed its 15 years and still has no problem.

for fully automatic washing machines ifb really rules market,must say.

Sarath

iDota
I have heard a lot about the IFB from my friends too. They seem to be good and pretty durable.

But I didnt find them in any of the electronic stores I was looking in. I stay in Bangalore. And those were some pretty big stores.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
A spammer had bumped this thread. (before Sarath's post)

Locking this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom