I want my e-mail back .

Status
Not open for further replies.

virus_killer

Journeyman
hi guys,

I just wanted to ask you that is it possible to retrieve the mail which you have sent to your friend, sometimes it happens that i send message to wrong person so is there anyway that i can delete that message from his/her inbox ? i know its all stored in server side and we can't easily do that but am just asking that is it possible or not ?

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Can't say I know of any email provider that allows cancellation of messages once they're sent.

However, I've seen the ability to control PMs in older versions of vBulletin. If you sent a PM to a fellow board member and realized it was the wrong thing to do, you did have the option to cancel it - by that it would delete the message from the receiver's inbox(haven't really tried to explore if the feature exists in current versions). Wonder how it worked. And how difficult it would be to incorporate such a feature in standard emailing.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
i really wish there was such an option
its does happn we sometimes reply to mails or simply mail when in anger or smthin
n a mail once sent cant come bak

Digit_Dragon

Old Stock in New Bottle!!
The e-mail providers should develop this feature too...like if wanted recall the message sent within some time duration.....that would be nice.:rolleyes:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
But a mail is dispatched as soon as you send it.

Wo kya kahte hain. haan- Banduk se nikli goli aur , computer se bheja hua mail kabhi waapas nahi aata. :D :D

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ not correct...
agar receiver's mail id is fake or doesnt exist then goli (oh sorry, mail) ll bounce and come back :D

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ (Read this in old actor rajkumaar style.)
Hum woh nahi jaani, jo moordon (fake mail) par goli chalaye(mail bheje.).
:D:D:D:D:D:D

sandeepk

Journeyman
Yes!! that would be a great feature to add. But there must be difficulty in implementing this feature otherwise at least one of the mail service provider would have been able to provide it.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ Nice tips.....

I bet it will surely help. as if i get more then one mail of same subject I open topmost one.

Now . I think 8/10 people have same mentality. So it can help.

OP
virus_killer

virus_killer

Journeyman
ax3 said:
no the process cant b undone ......... bt do ths :

& send similar 4-5 mails with other contents bt same subject line ..... 2 confuse & ALERT him\her .........

just create a NEW mail 2 the sender & request the reciepient not 2 open THE PREVOUS MAIL as it contains VIRUS & opening it might cause a DEADLY HARM 2 PC .......

send this NEW MAIL message at once & make sure u have subject line as "IMP" or "ALERT" ...... & flag mail as 1st PRIORITY ........

do it fast ........... hope it helps ..........

PS: above sol. worked with me ......

Gud suggestion , But now i'll think twice before pressing SEND button :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom