i want DVD-Writer Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

softmind

Right off the assembly line
hello,

i am interested to buy a NEW DVD-16x Writer
Please send me Price Details of all brands of DVD-Writers (any speed)
kindly help me

regards

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ok Lets Look At Some Models I Could Pick Up Out Here:
Samsung 16X DVD Writer:Rs.3,995
Sony 16X Dual Layer (8.5 Gb) DVD Writer:Rs.5,500
Samsung 16X Dual Layer DVD Writer:Rs.4,990
Liteon 16X Dual Layer DVD-Writer:Rs.5,900
Pioneer 16X Dvd Writer:Rs.6,500 (Approx) (Original Mkt Price)
Pioneer 16X Dual Layer DVD-Writer:Rs.5,000 (Approx)

My Bet Would Be a Good Pioneer Drive Cause It Has Good Buffer Memory And The Performances are Rock Solid.....Seconding It Would Be Liteon For Dual Layer Writers :wink:

am interested to buy a NEW DVD-16x Writer

Hmmm are you interested in a Dual layer burner or a single layer burner?????
I would suggest goin' in for a dual layer one although the dual layer media is very very costly in India still it is just too damn kewl to be able to burn 8 GB on a single disc lol :p

I would suggest you to buy the Pioneer 108 D 16x dual layer burner
Approx cost bout' 5000 ( not sure) thru BS.... no retail pack available yet i thnk please check tht up.....
Also the Liteon DL burner is also gr8 not sure bout' the price though....

But watever you do don't buy a Samsung DVD writer ... I really haven't heard bout' the samsung dvd-rw but the cd writers from them truly suck..
(Don't you agree with that guys???)

Also check out Tom's hardware guide, i think some time back they did a test on dual layer burners ... do check tht out

Ciao

\\// Peace out !!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
somewhere_i_belong said:
But watever you do don't buy a Samsung DVD writer ... I really haven't heard bout' the samsung dvd-rw but the cd writers from them truly suck..

Dun Know About The DVD Drives But The Cd-Writers Do Suck And As Specially The Tray......Damm Now Really Feel Like Purachasing a Slot In Drive Instead Of The Samsung's Tray Drive :wink:

Btw Samsung's Lens Are Not all That Bad Though.....Have been able to go through Most Of The Scratched Cd Adventures Of Mine.....And Thats The only Thing For Me & Samsung :lol:

sachinc

Broken In
Sony DVD

I think the Sony DVD(Dual Layer) would be the best option. Its like buying a cell, buying anything other than a nokia will make you think later

krisjr

In the zone
softmind said:
hello,

i am interested to buy a NEW DVD-16x Writer
Please send me Price Details of all brands of DVD-Writers (any speed)
kindly help me

regards

go for the pioneer one.its kewl as others are saying,digit mag also seconds it...

krisjr

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
somewhere_i_belong said:

Dun Know About The DVD Drives But The Cd-Writers Do Suck And As Specially The Tray......Damm Now Really Feel Like Purachasing a Slot In Drive Instead Of The Samsung's Tray Drive :wink:

Btw Samsung's Lens Are Not all That Bad Though.....Have been able to go through Most Of The Scratched Cd Adventures Of Mine.....And Thats The only Thing For Me & Samsung :lol:

hi,
hey pal,wats this slot in drive.could u xplain.

AlienTech

In the zone
Re: Sony DVD

sachinc said:
I think the Sony DVD(Dual Layer) would be the best option. Its like buying a cell, buying anything other than a nokia will make you think later

Sony sells liteon or sanyo/optowrite drives. You can reflash them to their originals. Liteon drives are crap. They have a bug so you can not burn moser baer 4x -R media which is the most widly available media in india. Although it does burn the mistubishi ones which are the exact same disk with its name changed. Liteon's also have this in built learning thing that once screwed up will give you coasters no matter what.. Once you burn a junk disk, forget it. I spent many months and lots of money and over 100 disks figuring this one out.

The NEC or Pioneer are the safest bets for the indian markets. Since they are not as agressive and work with most media and believe me, most media in india is crap. I have tried over 20 different media and no matter what, sony, tdk, samsung, lg all crap crap crap... and you can forget those cheap media. So now I stick to the mitsubishi, burning them @ 2x cause I am sick and tired of checking every burnt disk to make sure they work. I could spend rs100 a disk and get moser baer 4X +R's which work fine..

So unless you really know what youa re doing and can get media that WORK.. You need to buy a drive that works with available media. You dont get yuden's which seem to work the best with all drives. Or something like ricoh's which mostly work. None of which are available easily.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hey me too thinkin of buying 1 I heard Plextor is good but I don't want to jump on conclusions. Also whats all that thing that Digit has printed abt I mean the various formats of DVD i dunno anything abt it so any1 cud tell me what it is all abt?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@krisjr....The Slot In Cd Or DVD Rom Drives Are The One Wherein The Cd Driectly is Slipped In The Drive and Does Not Have any Tray That Comes Out In The Common Tray Drives.....The Drive Uses Soft Material As a Base To Hold The Disc And Thereby Allowing a Smooth Insertion :wink:

@Alien Tech......For Once I saw a Understandable Post By U :) Plzz Dun Be Spreadin Cr@p Like U Had Been Spreading In The Past Few Days :)

@djmykey.....The Plextor Ones too are good....They Are Similar to The Iomega Counterparts......Ok The Things That Digit Had Printed Was The Various Formats On Which The Traditional DVD's Are Separated....Heres Briefly What i Can Explain:
DVD-ROM (read only,Most Common)
DVD+R/RW (R=Recordable once, RW = ReWritable)
DVD-R/RW (R=Recordable once, RW = ReWritable)
The Plus(+) and The Dash (-) are Just technical Standards Imposing They Are Partially Compatible......All The DVD Readers Are Supposed To Read Both Formats And Most Recent Writers Can Even Write Both Of Em.....So Make Sure Before U purachase The Writer Supports These Formats :wink:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm try benq...

8x=rs. 3990
16x=rs. 4500

* Upgradable to dual layer with firmware (RW + /- )
* good drive and no tray problems like sms or no sensitive disk like sony
* 2 yr warranty

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
At the risk of being called a spammer ;) i say " Benq rocks". Chk out the benq 1620 review @ cdfreaks and cdrlabs ! or like grudge said buy the Benq 1600 and flash it 1620 and that too with the utility provided by Benq Corp itself.

Chk out this link for additional resources: *207.58.143.178/forums/showthread.php?t=15915

AlienTech

In the zone
Some plextor's also use optorite drives, IF they say you can store more data than disk capacity then those are sanyo/optorites. Its where you can put 1000mega on an 800meg CD by packing more bits onto the disk. A neat feature and only sanyo has it. But the drives are not very good. Other plextor drives are NEC drives and those are great.. Of course plextor always modifies their roms to be much better than the standard drives even if the hardware is the same as others.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: here goes for me

Pioneer > Sony > Liteon ... nd for me samsung dont arrive in the scene altogether as they S*** ..!!!

nd hey alientech @. .. u got a new brain translplant ... ??? u seem a bit sensible now-a-days!!!!!

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
me 2 wanna buy a DVD writer (pref. dual layer 16x)... but in an economic range of 5k or below

Sony, pioneer r good, i heard.. but they r 500 - 1000/- costlier.

How about LG..Samsung drives.. i heard of an all-format playin LG DVD-RW drive... is it good... or atleast OK

The problem is I HATE SAMSUNG DRIVES as they have tray problems... but their readin skills r great... no probs with moderately corrupted media... LG drives however gave no tray probs... but readin skills r poor.. unless the cd is good.. it wouldn't read... is there a similar problem with their DVD drives?

IS IT WORTH PUTTIN AN XTRA 1000/- 4 PIONEER OR SONY?

R U SURE THEY DONT HAVE READING PROBS...
I NEED A DRIVE WHICH CAN READ MOST CD/DVDs... even scratched...

WHICH ONE SHOULD I OPT IN LG - SAMSUNG?
WHICH ONE IN SONY - PIONEER?
HOW IS BenQ?
Liteon's not in my place... so outta question.. it was my 1st choice..

PLEASE GUIDE... GUYZ... NEED ONE FAST...

drgrudge

Dude, as i have posted before Go for benq!

16X costs rs. 4500

upgradable to dual layer with firmware...
(1600 with 1620), and the thing is done by Benq themselves.

Check this for more: *207.58.143.178/forums/showthread.php?t=15915

link by blade_runner

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
*img163.exs.cx/img163/3050/superman9ox.gif
BUT.... BenQ warez @ my place r not gettin sold out... gettin complaints of stagnant stocks.. esp. DVDwriters

kaysquare

Journeyman
hi all ,

with the risk of contradicting all ur views abt samsung DVD writers, I want to say thet samsung TS-H552B drive is a very good drive. :D

I am using it with CMC 4x media (branded as HP). I have burned nearly 10 discs. All are working perfectly fine.

I really cannot understand why samsung drives are considered inferior. :( Can anyone explain that to me please. :?: :?:

drgrudge

hello kaysqaure!
Who told samsung drives are bad, i dint tell!!!
I have two rom's, both are samsung and it works well till now, no problem...

ppl, say samsung is inferior becoz of it's tray problems...., but they dont see it reads damamnged disk as well, it actually can read disk with damages and scraches upto .3mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom