I want a linux OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauravchi

Journeyman
Hello friends,
I know that many topics related to this topic are present in this forum, but they didn't satisfy me. Therefore i am posting this message. I have only use knoopix live cd till today in the field of linux. I also tried to install redhat but i couldn't. I have a linux dynebolic1.1, Gentoo and fedora core4. Plz suggest me a best linux os and also tell me that from where i can get it. I heard that ubuntu is best. is it right and from where i can get it?
Thanks in advance.

.....................................GA.....................................

Pathik

Google Bot
goto the above link to get a free ubuntu 6.06 cd.. Till the time u get it. U can install fc4

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Forget gentoo for now, it's a bit too advance, if you've never handled a *nix machine before.
First check with Linux User's Group in your city for availability of whatever distro you like. Many LUG's have CD's available/CD's wanted section. Then if they don't have it/can't give it, you can order from shipit.ubuntu.com

Aberforth

The Internationalist
You can also make a request here at the distro request thread and specify your location (not full address, just the city) and which distro you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom