I Wanna See my Movies With Subtitles On TV...But How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veddotcom

Journeyman
I have Movie and it's Subtitle, I can Play Movies Along with Subtitles on the Computer Screen, But How Should i Write Those TWO Files on MY DVD So Can i See Movies with The Subtitles on The TV,

I Know There is Some Softwares Available From which i can Merge Subtitle with the Movie, But How much Time Do they TAKE?

johnthedevil

Broken In
Your question is not clear to me, so i will answer it in a more general way that will most probably clear your doubts too:
I assume you are talking about a DVD-RIP file in a 700MB or so .avi or .divx which you can play with a DIVX enabled stand alone DVD player, the problem for you is that you have the subtitles with you but cannot get it to work in your stand alone DVD player:

Well firstly suppose the name of the file is "This Movie.avi" then the name of the subtitle must be made to "This Movie.srt" or if the subtitles are in other format like .sub then to "This Movie.sub" and if there are more than one subtiltes like multiple language subtitles then it must be named like "This Movie.en.srt" , This Movie.hn.srt" etc

Next place both the video and the subtitle file in the same folder/place . .
Write this to a CD or DVD and play the file and then press the subtitle button or a button with similar fuction [It must be mentioned in your DVD Player's manual]
and you will see the subtitles. .

I am not sure but there are some DVD players that cannot play certain types of subtitles so go to
*www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/Subtitle-Workshop.shtml
and download it and load the subtitle and change its format:
Get a subtitle of every format and paste them to the folder and then write the Disk!

If all this does not help then download Virtual Dub

*www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Editors/VirtualDub-v-Experimental.shtml

with *sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=205650&package_id=246121&release_id=541232

Vobsub/VS Filter

and add the file and add the external subtitles to it and it will make it hard code them [i.e. always show them when playing a file

*www.virtualdub.org/virtualdub_docs.html

*www.virtualdub.org/docs_processing.html

*www.doom9.org/index.html?/virtualdub_procedures.htm

These above links might help you more on using Virtual Dub
[credits to cybercool10 for the links]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom