I need to access Yahoo IM from my mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I have seen many ppl showing of I am on mobile in Yahoo IM. I too want to do the same thing. I am currently using Idea! and it has a feature called Yahoo IM but they cost me Rs. 7 per min (Evil). Is there any free alternative??

My Mobile is N-Gage QD (uses Symbian OS)

satbir

Broken In
hey.... that thing is gonna use GPRS and IDEA's GPRS is not that good........... moreover these idea guys cost 0.2 paise per kb of data....... and its quite alot....... anyways wat u are loooking for is another thing......... that i'm on sms thing is an inbuilt feature of yahoo messenger......... open yahoo messenger.......... go to messenger menu........... and select preferences........ under the general tab just click on edit mobile device and enter ur mobile detais(Idea is supported)....... and then whenever u want to logoff yahoo, just select....... sign in to....... watever ur number is............ and done............ problem solved

satbir

Broken In
when u logoff......... it will automatically display ur online contacts once......... if u want to view a list of contacts at a later time ...... then u need to send a message to some number something like 888801(which costs 3 rs/msg)......... i don't rememeber the exact number and the keyword........... when u configure ur number..... yhoo will send u a list of keywords(which will solve all ur queries........... and if someone sends a message to ur yahoo id........ u get it on ur phone........... but there is a restriction.......... u can only receive 3 msgs from a particular id before u reply to that number............ that means if u can receive 3 msgs from an id........ and after that u have to reply to either of the messages to continue receiving messages( the cost of that reply is Rs 3 per mgs).............. thats all about it

OP
sujithtom

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
ok.......I got it..........Thanks.......for........the.........help.........satbir..............I...............will.........try.........this.............Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom